Ch 53 - timetraveler's battle (part 1)

Third person POV-

"Kid...what are you doing here? Shouldn't you still be in bed?" Obito asked nervously, concerned for Naruto's well being.
But also concerned and curios as to why Naruto was there, at the forbidden training ground.

One thing is Obito trespassing, but another is Naruto.

"You need to get out of here quickly Na-"

"I've had enough with these games, you can put down that facade...I remember everything" Naruto told Obito darkly.
Of course he didn't remember everythingc from either life, but he knew enough.

"What...?" Obito asked, getting more confused by the second.

"The akatsuki, the war...how you killed so many people...and for this?!" Naruto explained making wild gestures around him.

Obito wasn't stupid, he had an idea what this was.
"Naruto...you're like me?"

"I'm nothing like you!!" Naruto says, getting into a stance indicating that he was ready for a fight.

"No that's not what i meant, but you're-"

"Enough!" Naruto yelled and leaped at Obito who quickly activated his sharingan.

Naruto tried punched at Obito's face but his fist only met an open palm.

Naruto was then pulled towards Obito before receiving a hard punch to his face. His head was snapped to the side before the blond proceeded to knee the Uchiha on the stomach, as to where Obito threw Naruto further away.

"I really shouldn't ask stupid questions" Obito mumbled to himself, gently touching where Naruto had kneed him.
"I don't really remember my life there anymore...but reading all those notes, I know what I've done to make you hate me this much"

I'm done playing with you Obito," Naruto announced before charging at the Uchiha.
This time was different though, because slowly Naruto began emitting what looked like sparks.

The notes had also told Obito quite a bit about this.
His "Kurama form" as he called, where he draws unbelievable amounts of power from the nine tails.

Obito's sharingan could barely follow his movement, much to Obito's irritation. '
Sue the notes had told him about this, but seeing it did himself now was something completely different.

Obito stood his ground, knowing that charging at Naruto would be a bad idea. 'Why can't I follow his movements?!' his eye stung a bit as he focused his gaze before finally being able to see Naruto's movements, now appearing slower.
'Just keep focusing' Obito thought you himself

Naruto was circling Obito, probably hoping to make his head spin just as it had for a few moments.
But now Naruto has missed his opportunity.

The Uchiha broke into a full charge, heading straight for Naruto while running through hand signs, "Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!"

The powerful ball of fire shot at Naruto, who quickly used a single hand sign.
"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" he shouted as a single clone appeared by his side. Without a word the doppelganger took hold of the original's right arm and flung him to the side, successfully dodging the powerful fire that then hit the clone.

"Not so fast!" Obito called and made a few hand signs and then slammed his palms down in the ground before him.

In a matter of second roots spring up from the ground and charged at Naruto who was still in the air.

All Obito was trying to do with that jutsu was just restrain Naruto.

"Rasenshuriken!" Naruto said and flung a rasenshuriken at the roots, completely splintering them.

"Nice try-eh!?" Naruto was suddenly caught off guard and was restrained by the roots he hadn't seen come up from behind.

"You need to calm down and listen, kid!" Obito begged.
But in a matter of second Naruto was free again.

Naruto who had jumped up in the air then threw a set of shuriken.

Obito's sharingan caught the trajectory of the blade and, to his horror, it was heading straight for his eyes.
Not wanting to go blind, Obito raised his right arm to block the blade.

But no blood splattered out of Obito's arm, as Naruto's blade ran through it, after all in was a prosthetic arm made of hashirama's cells.

Obito's expression held no pain, at least not physical pain.
He no longer had much feeling in his right arm

"You're weaker than I remember Naruto..." Obito said solemnly.

"Shut up..shut up. Shut up! SHUT UP!!" Naruto said getting oh so agitated.

"Why don't we call it a day? We can go talk about all this over a ball of ramen?" Obito said, trying to defuse the whole situation, but truly he knew there was no getting out of this fight.

"DIDN'T YOU HEAD ME?! I SAID SHUT. UP"

"Naruto..." Obito whispered.
He could see on Naruto's face that he was distressed, confused and hurt.

"I'm so sorry..."

"Your words change nothing!!" Naruto yelling and the sparks quickly turned into a full on outfit.
His entire body was covered in this yellow glow, he even got additional pieces of clothing, such as a big coat.
And black dense balls floated around him.

If Obito remembered correctly they were called the truth seeking orbs, and they were the equivalent of space itself.

'This is getting really bad' Obito thought and took a small step back.

This Naruto was the second coming if the sage of six paths, a title Obito had once given to himself.
But he no longer had the power to go up against this.

"I know you've suffered....So why won't you just let me put an end to it for you?!" Naruto said, at first calm, but he ended up shouting again, sending the truth seeking orbs after Obito, who had to do quite the Parkour maneuvering to avoid them.
But then they came back around.

And went straight through him...

"Oh right...nearly forgot.. that's your special ability...why only use it now though?" Naruto asked, thinking that Obito was trying to trick him in some way.

"There was no need to before...I also hoped that you'd calm down if you got the change to get a few hits in. But I've realized now that you're going if the kill... I don't wanna kill you Naruto, but I don't wanna be killed either.
Just as you've told me...I'm fine playing" Obito said, and finally unsheathes his katana on his back