Ch 52 - ransom note

Naruto's POV-

Her name was Reiko, and she's Obito's daughter.
His only child...

She's my friend...

With new memories of this me's life I started to remember the directions to Obito's house.

But Reiko...she shouldn't get hurt...her father's the villain not her.
Her mother's innocent too..

So I probably shouldn't have the fight in their house, eh?

I scratched my chin a little.
Things were getting more frustrating and confusing by the second.

ǝɓɐʇsoɥ oʞıǝᴚ ǝʞɐʇ sʎɐʍlɐ plnoɔ no

Stop!
I won't do that!

Whatever this voice is it's a darker, more sinister park of my psyche.

Why though?
I though I got that under control when I trained by the waterfall of truth.

Whatever...I'll just have to ignore it and get on with this..
Now...how to get Obito into a secluded area.

With that in mind I left my spot and started running towards Obito's house at the outskirts of the uchiha district.
Still running on the roofs of course.

"..." on my way there I continued to be dumbfounded by what I saw down on the streets.

There was Itachi frickin' Uchiha walking arm in arm with a brunette girl.

The district seemed lively and happy.
Not at all how I remembered it from my childhood.
My real childhood.
Not whatever this life was...Perhaps an illusion... I can't really know for sure.
But that bastard Obito probably knows the answer.

Finally I stood upon the roof of the house I remembered to belong to Obito.
I had been here...so often...

I shook my head then, quite violently, trying to rid my head of all these memories and sentimental thoughts.

Focusing the chants in my feet I walked in the walls on the outside, away from the street of course.

I discreetly checked a few windows till I spotted Obito.

Is that paperwork he's surrounded by?
No it looks more like old notes.
Notes from his academy years? Or maybe something more sinister?
Hmmmm...

Now....how to get him away from any populated area.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Obito's POV-

I was tired, due to sleep deprivation, I was stressed, and I had a headache, so when I heard a tap on my window I was annoyed.

"I swear if it's some kids" I mumbled to myself a realized that I now sounded like the 'get off my lawn" guy...

I opened the window taking a peek outside.
"Anybody there?" I called.
Not surprising, I got no answer...not in the form of a voice anyway...
But a piece of paper down on the ground coughs my eye when I was about to close the window again.

Curios I picked it up.
It was crumbled into a ball so I had to unfold it.

What I read then greatly unnerved new.

'Lord Obito Uchiha, listen carefully, I'm a small individual, but do not undermine me of the power at my disposal as your daughter did. To get her back in one piece you WILL meet me at training ground zero at 5pm today. Do not be late, it's your daughters life on the line' the nite read.

Angrily I crumbled up the note.
I didn't even have evidence that this individual does in fact have Reiko, but 5pm was in 15 minutes and I didn't have time to check.
There's not a lot of people powerful enough to really handle me so I had to take my chances and hope that this was just another noob.

Another thing was that the individual didn't even tell me what they wanted.
Money? Or just a fight?

Grabbing my pouch, a katana and my jounin vest I went out the door in a hurry.

Rin was out gathering more information, just as Reiko was...or at least had been before she got abducted, if she even is...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I was now standing Before the entrance to the forbidden training ground zero.
But despite the many signs of "do not enter" I have a suspicion that I was gonna have to.

"This is gonna get me a scolding" I thought as straight up walked through the fence using Kamui.

"2 minutes remaining" I whispered as I looked down at my cheap wrist watch.

I heard the rustling of leaves and looked up.

And a frickin' kangaroo with boxing gloves hopped out.

"..." dumbfounded I just stared.

But then the kangaroo raised its arms.
Looking for a fight huh?...

"You're not the one who took Reiko are you?.." I asked, sincerely hoping I wouldn't have to fight this kangaroo, not because I couldn't, but it would just be way too weird.

Then in one split second I felt all hairs on my body stand up due to the sudden surge of a powerful presence behind me.
It was enough to scare the kangaroo away in a hurry too.

Slowly I turned around, careful not to make any sudden movements.
I couldn't afford to be careless now.

But once again I found myself dumbfounded by who was standing there.

"Naruto?...."