Ch 35 - the last one (part 2)

Minato POV-

Kushina would be angry, after all we had been up here for a long time.
But that was simply the time it took for obito to explain everything.

And I was in shock.
I couldn't do anything but sit there.

I understood why obito...did it..I suppose.
But it was a hard pill to swallow that the sweet and loving boy I had known for years turned out like that.
...In the other timeline anyways.

"I...I understand... but you must also understand, that things aren't gonna be the same from here on out"

"We're aware...but we need help"

"That's the reason you told me? You needed help? With what?"

"Because you have authority...you're well known and trusted"

"Yes?"

"Minato i'm beggining to forget everything from my life in the other timeline.."

At this I was genuinely worried.

"Amnesia?"

"No it's a bit more complicated than that.."

"Enlighten me"

"The changes made now, affects my time, for example when Danzo died, it started a domino affect, a lot of the mags that he caused in the future simply don't happen. Thus my memories of them are deteriorating"

"Oh yes..that is quite complicated"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

After that the 3 of them together began to explain the So called 'set' and 'soft moments' in time, using Orochimaru as the base for their set moments.

It was a lot to keep track of.
Time travel isn't quite at my level of expertise.

"You've all done a fair deal of research huh?"

"No..you don't really need research to know your memories are disappearing"

For the first time during this conversation the tension was slightly lifted as I chuckled a bit at his answer.
I wish I could..but I couldn't bring myself to trust him 100% just yet, I had to be wary, but I also had to help them.

I was just about to tell them we should head down, but then..a white mass of a person began descending from the hard wood floor.

"Hello!! I ammm baaack!"

"What timing..." Kakashi said dryly while obito looked absolutely horrified.
Was this an enemy?

I made a slow movement for my Kunai, but obito saw and assured me that it was a friend.

"I am Tobi! I'm a good boy!"

Obito POV-

I felt sick at that sentence.
'Who taught him that?! I swear if Shiro did it-'

"Minato this is one of the creatures I explained. A Zetsu"

I strained smile was forming on Minato's face.
"Nice to meet you. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be going downstairs"

As we'd expected he had, had enough for one day.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Minato POV-

"Sure took you long enough!" Kushina said while checking the oven.
Oh well if the food wasn't ready it meant that we hadn't been gone as long as I had feared.

"Well yes, the kids had something...a bit personal to tell me" I said glancing at the still tense obito.
Suddenly it felt weird categorizing him as a 'kid' knowing now that he was much older than me and kushina"

"You kids alright?" She said and bent her back to look a them.
At that exact time obito's act went back up.

"Yeah yeah it's nothing!" He said and grinned.

Is it wrong for me to feel this way?
To feel that I need to be so careful around this...man-child?
After all he explained it to me, and with all the things he went through in his time, the way he turned out is understandable.
But I'm still not sure.

Kushina definitely had a worried look on her face, but just decided to go back to her cooking.
And I wanted to tell her everything, ask her for her help.
Don't get me wrong I'm a grown man that can go off against half a army alone, so it's not that I want her to take up arms with me. It's just great to have someone to talk to about the problems you go through everyday.

As I began thinking more about our conversation upstairs I couldn't help the smile that spread on my lips.
'Naruto'
Definitely a rare name, but I like it, and I'm sure Kushina would as well.

I haven't even met the kid yet, only knew his name and a few characteristics from what obito told me, and yet I feel quite happy, maybe even proud of this future son of mine.

"What's with you?" Kushina asked through a giggle.

"Huh?"

"You Seem kind of happy? And yet Down in the dumpster at the same time?"

"Well you see-" I turned and glanced at obito, Rin and Kakashi who was having their own conversation.
I let out an amused sound and continued "those three are quite special.."

"...well yeah!  But didn't we already know that" Kushina countered me with a laugh.

"Yes, don't mind me..I'm just rambling...shall I help you with the dinner?"

"I thought you'd never ask"

XxXxXxXxXxXxX
A/N

Okay!
Is it too much? Is it too cheesy?

I just wanted to show Minato's conflicting emotions, after all he got himself into quite the task.

It's quite funny how NONE of you wanted minato to be angry with Obito, all of you one way or the other wanted him to be understand.
However I'm taking the advise of a few of you saying that he should still be cautious around obito.

I sure hope you liked this chapter.
.
.
.
In the next chapter we will begin the mission of Tenzou/Yamato's rescue.
AANNDDD YEEESS they do need to save him!

Why you ask? Because Tenzou is the only wood style user, and a big asset if it should turn out that the nine tails rampage is a set moment in time ;)
(That is not of spoiler!...or is it?..)