Ch 45 - Confession? (Part 1)

A/N
Hey everyone!
I know I haven't been updating in a long while and there's 2 reasons for that.
1) school spammed me with exams and written assignments.
2) I've been busy obsessing over another Anime.
The seven deadly sins to be precise.

(I'll definitely make a Melizabeth fanfic!
would any of you read it?)

By yeah now that I've said that let's get onto the chapter

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

Rin POV -

I was out on a walk with obito.
It was rather chilly but that didn't matter.

We had sorta made it into a rule that we would hang out at certain dates in the month, just the two of us.
We continue to tell everyone it's because the many moments of friendship we missed out on when obito was anti social just after coming to this time.
We were merely catching up with our friendship now.

It was much easier nowadays, it had been over two years since obito traveled here, and even though he still remembers enough to make sense of it all, he's forgotten enough to act like a proper 16 year old...with certain moments where he switched to acting like a 50 year old, despite it not being his actual age.
But I'm not bothered by it anymore as it's begun to feel like it's just a odd maturity.

And as obito says "Kakashi was born in his fifties"
So maybe that's why I'm used to it too.

"What do you say? Should we get a bite to eat?" He asked me after a few moments of comfortable silence.

"Yeah up in for that" I agreed.

And so began a "you choose" discussion that lasted about five minutes.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Obito POV—

While I knew full well that we were just two friends hanging out Minato's words were haunting me..

"by living in the Now it would be very ok for you to invite Rin out" is what Minato had teased with.
And while I was embarrassed and irritated at that moment I can't help but think that he's right.

But before asking Rin out I have to make sure of a few things.

"S-Soo" voice you have betrayed..."you and Kakashi?" I asked without any context and slurped the soba I had ordered at the restaurant we chose to eat at.

"Hm? Me and Kakashi?" She asked completely obviously to where this conversation was going.

I'm gonna hate myself for saying this but here goes!
"Well he's different..so I was just thinking that you might have a bigger chance with him now"

"Huh? You mean I should ask him out?!" She asked completely shocked.

I was growing a headache.
But then again, even if she doesn't love me back I just want her to be happy and live out her life to the fullest.
"Yes" I said lowly

"I-Is that what...you want me to do?" She said surprisingly solemnly and looked down averting my gaze.

What kind of question was that?!
"If it's what will make you happy.."

"But I already am happy...just being here with you is making me so happy obito!" She said, and it made me happy to hear that it wasn't forced.

I was just about to say something back but she beat me to it.

"By the way, I no longer have any feeling for Kakashi...it was just a silly crush" she said and stirred him her soup.

"Uhhhh! Okayyy! That's not what I expected you to say"

"Hmmm.."

"Sorry did I upset you?" I asked, afraid that I had.

"No not at all.. I'm just a bit guilty that I hadn't gotten around to tell you yet"

Why would she be upset about that?
"There's no reason to feel guilty Rin, you're allowed to have secrets you know"

"Yeah but- mmm!" She quickly cut herself off and put a spoonful of soup in her mouth?

Was she...blushing?

XxXxXxXxXxXxX
A/N

Very short I know.
But I thought "rather short than nothing"

A lot of you have gone crazy in the comments with ObiRin.
And guess what?

It's here!

Or well...in the next chapter.

And don't worry I won't wait as long to post it