Ch 30 - reuniting with Rin (part 2)

Obito POV-

I was panting hard, i had run as fast as i possibly could.

I stood in front of Rin's family's home. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the conversation we were going to have.
But before that...I had to get ya someplace her parents wouldn't hear us.

I knocked loudly three times, and patiently waited for an answer.

Only a few seconds went by before I heard loud approaching footsteps on the other side of the door, then I heard the lock being fiddled with, and finally the door opened to reveal Hirona Nohara, Rin's dad.

"Oh obito! It's you! Ha! We had certainly been told that you had returned to us! It's good to see you my boy.." the kind man said and ruffled my hair.

Hirona had always been a kind and welcoming man, and I had known him since I was very little, due to my early friendship with Rin.

"Thanks, and you too Hirona, it's good to see you again" it really was true, I was happy to see him,  it looking at him also made me feel guilty.
I had read a report about the nine tails attack years after it happened, in that report was also a list of victims.
Hirona and his wife Azami had been killed in the attack, after being crashed when the nine tails' tail destroyed their home.

"Hmm. Let me guess you're here to talk to Rin?"

"Yeah that's right, is she home?"

"Sure she is! Rin sweetie! You got a visitor!" He called into the house. "You didn't have a long enough talk at the hospital eh?" Hirona said in a teasing manner, but that sentence made it clear to me that Rin has lies about coming to see me.

"well...no" I lied and scratched the back of my head and smiled an awkward smile.

"Dad what is I-" it was Rin who had come to the door now. She stopped mid sentence, probably shocked to see me.
She quickly put on a smile, a smile that I could easily see was fake, but she probably just wanted to keep up her facade in front of her dad.
"Hi" she simply said.

"Hi. Put on some shoes, let's take a walk"

She seemed slightly shocked by that, and silently looked up at her dad, as to ask permission.

"Yeah go on! He's finally out of the hospital after all!" Hirona said and gently patted her back.

"Mmm. Give me a second.."

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

We had been walking several minutes and we were about to head into our team 7's training ground.

"Minato sensei told me...about your guilt"

Rin visibly flinched at that. "So you know that I was attacked too? By the mist.."

"Yeah Kakashi told me that"

We stopped walking now, we were standing by the poles in the middle of the field.

"They were apprehended...and interrogated. If the had captured me, they would've made me a jinchuuriki! And made me attack the village!" She told me. She was begging to get emotional, and frustrated.

"Kakashi told me that too.."

"Then you must understand! If this is the kind of trouble I attract, then it's better if I stayed away"

"..."

"Please understand, it's not that I want to. I miss everyone, And it hurts... but it hurts much more to see the people i care about get hurt because of me!" Her tears were flowing free now, and I had a hard time knowing what to say.
I couldn't remember the last time I had seen Rin like this. I don't think it's ever happened.