Chapter 9

the Trailer for Darkness is on the side. I would like to thank imakebooktrailers for making the trailer! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Melissa's POV

When I awoke I had no idea as to where I am. It looks like I am in a forest. How did I even end up here?

I stood up from the ground and dusted off the dirt from my jeans. My head shot up with the sound of a branch snapping. "Hello?" I squinted as it was pitch black. "Is there anyone there?"

I heard the sound of the branches snapping and a dark figure appeared from behind a tree. I couldn't see his face because he had a hood covering his head.

I turned around and ran through the woods. I have no idea where I am going but when I heard his footsteps behind me, I only pushed further.

I wasn't fast enough as the figure crashed into me making the both of us fall down. I groaned when my shoulder hit the ground but the figure didn't seem to care as he grabbed my other shoulder and turned me around.

He held a knife in his hand as he removed the hood. I gasped in shock at the guy hovering over me. Damian.

"Now that lover boy is gone, I can now have my fun"

"What do you mean by gone?" Damian smirked evilly as he held up the knife which glistened with blood. "You see this knife" I nodded my head. He chuckled "well..." and grabbed my chin and shoved my head to the side. I screamed at the sight.

Harry laid there on his stomach, surrounded by his own blood.

I opened my eyes and sat up so I was leaning against the headboard. I rubbed my eyes and moved the black covers off of my sweaty body. I did a double take on the bed covers. I have purple covers.

My eyes widened as I looked around the room. This room wasn't mine. It was a boy's room.

I looked down at the clothes I was wearing. I was wearing a black t-shirt which stop mid-thigh. Instantly I could smell Harry's cologne. This is his shirt.

This is his room.

The door to the bedroom opened and Harry walked in. He didn't notice me sitting there as he was looking down at his phone. He looked up from his phone and his eyes widened when he saw me sitting on the bed.

He dropped his phone on the floor and ran over. He sat down next to me and pulled me to his chest "thank god you're alive!"

"Why wouldn't I be alive?" Harry pulled back and looked down at me confused "Damian he cut you and you lost a lot of blood and Liam said that there was a chance you would not make it"

I looked down to my arm which was covered with a bandage.

"How long have I been out?" Harry sighed "2 days" I nodded my head and stood up. "What are you doing?" Harry grabbed my good arm and pulled me back down "going to have a shower"

Harry nodded his head "okay" he let go of my arm and helped me stand up. I walked to the bathroom which was connected with the bedroom "I'll leave some clothes on the bed for you"

I nodded my head as a thank you and closed the door behind me.

I turned on the shower and undressed. When the water was hot I stepped in and let the hot water relax me. After I had washed my hair and my body, I got out and dried off. I put my underwear and bra back on and wrapped the towel around my body.

On the bed, as Harry said, were some clothes for me to wear.I realised the clothes were girls which confused me. I quickly got dressed and towel dried my hair. I put my hair in a pony tail and made my way out of the room.

I had no idea where I was going. I made my way down the big staircase and down a hallway. I could hear talking from the end of the hall.

I stopped in the doorway. There had to at least be 10 people standing in the room. They looked to be in deep conversation but stopped when a guy with brown hair cleared his throat and pointed to me.

Everyone turned around and looked in my direction. I felt uncomfortable with 10 or so guys looking at me strangely.

Harry walked over and grabbed my hand. He pulled me away from the room and into the living room. I sat down on the couch as he sat on the coffee table in front of me "how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Who were those people?" Harry sighed and ran his hand through his hair "I sort of work with them"

"Where's Danny?" at the mention of Danny he looked away and refused to make eye contact "Mel, Danny was taken by someone who we are trying to protect you from"

"Protect me from who?" Harry grabbed my hands and was about to speak but someone beat him to it "Melissa"

Harry immediately let go of my hands and stood up. My eyes widened with the familiar man in front of me "Uncle Sam?" Sam smiled at me and opened his arms "in the flesh" I jumped up and ran into his arms.

Sam is my uncle. He was the one who looked after us. He is one of the coolest uncles ever.

"What are you doing here?" Sam pulled away and smiled down at me "this is my gang" I backed away "gang?" Sam backed away and sat down on the couch "it is about time you knew the truth"

"What truth?" he patted the spot next to him indicating me to sit down. I slowly walked over and sat down. "Harry you are dismissed" Harry stepped forward to protest but Sam held his hand up. Harry sighed and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"The truth about your family"