Chapter 30

About an hour or so later we had finally arrived in Chicago. We were followed but Niall managed to lose them on the highway. Harry had called Liam who said that he is on his way and told me to keep the pressure on the wound to stop the blood flow.

Harry has been quiet ever since we lost the guys who were following us. He would look over at me every few minutes, to see if I haven’t passed out due to the blood I am losing, and then would look back out the window.

Niall had finally got off the main road and followed a dirt road for another 10 minutes before stopping in front of a small house. It is well hidden with all the trees surrounding the area.

Niall got out of the car and over to the house. Harry got out and waited for me to get out. Harry caught me when I fell out of the car. He carried me over to the house and walked through the open door.

He walked into what seemed to be the living room and laid me down on the couch “get some towels” Harry didn’t even look over to Niall as he knelt down in front of me.

Niall walked back into the room a few seconds later with a pile of towels. Harry untied the shirt and quickly put a towel over the wound and added pressure. I closed my eyes when I saw his now ruined shirt.

Harry leaned down and kissed my forehead “you okay?” I shook my head as I finally let the tears I had been holding in out.

“It hurts” Harry tucked some hair behind my ear “I wish I can take the pain away”

I bit my lip hard as another shot of pain came. Harry took my other hand and gave it a small squeeze “Liam will be here soon, just hold on”

How can he be so calm?

Just as he was mentioned, Liam ran into the room with a duffle bag. Harry moved so he was sat next to me and grabbed my hand again. Liam knelt down where Harry use to be and looked at my arm.

“What happened?” he opened the duffle bag and took out a few things which I couldn’t see because my eye sight started to blur “she was shot while we were trying to leave”

Liam took the towel off and inspected it. “The bullet’s still in there”

“Well get it out” if I wasn’t in agony right now, I would’ve rolled my eyes.

After about 20 minutes of me screaming in pain, Harry shouting at Liam to hurry it up and a lot of blood Liam had finally got the bullet out and was now stitching up my arm. “There” Liam smiled softly at me “all done”

Liam stood up and looked to Harry “she’s going to be drowsy because she lost a lot of blood but she will be okay in a few days” Harry picked me up and walked up the stairs and into a bedroom.

He carefully laid me down on the bed and took a hold of the bottom of my shirt. He helped me take it off and he gave me his t-shirt to sleep in.  He helped me take of my jeans and into bed.

.....

I awoke to someone stroking my hair and softly humming. They stopped their movements when I moved. I opened my eyes to a room that I wasn’t familiar with.

Then I started to remember meeting up with Matt, finding out that he had betrayed me and Danny, went to Sam to tell him, were raided, tried to escaped, was shot in the arm, left Brooklyn.

I then realised that my head was on someone’s chest. I looked up to Harry smiled brightly down at me “sleeping beauty is awake” Harry leaned down and kissed my cheek. I smiled up at him “how long was I asleep?” Harry started to play with my hair “about a day”

“I slept for a whole day?” Harry nodded his head “what happened with everyone?” I sat up slightly but kept my head on his chest as Harry wrapped his arm around me “some people are making their way here and others are staying”

Danny’s POV

The only thing on my mind right now is Melissa. I really hope she is safe and Harry is taking good care of her. I hope she understands why Sam and I lied about our parents death.

I did it to protect her.

I know how she is. I know if we told her that our mother died but our father is still alive then she would go out and search for him, which we did not want to happen.

I don’t want to know what our father would do if he got his hands on Melissa.

The only reason our psycho of a father took me was because he wants me to lead his gang. I won’t do it. I am already part of a gang which me and Sam created together to hide Melissa and make sure that our father could not get anywhere near her.

The door to the room opened and my head shot up. My eyes briefly widened at the familiar guy in front of me but then the anger set in which caused me to stand up and push him into a wall.

“What the fuck are you doing here?!”

Matt tried to push me off but I wasn’t going to let him go. What on earth is he doing here?

“Where is Melissa?” I pushed him further into the wall “I don’t know! Last time I saw her she ran away from me”

“How long have you been working for Jack?” he looked away as he spoke “about 5 months” there was something in his tone.

Regret.

Just before I could ask another question the door burst open and Jack came in with that smile that I want to punch right off his face. I let Matt go and stepped forward.

“What have you done to Melissa?” Jack crossed his arms and shrugged his shoulders “haven’t done anything to her” he sent a smirk over to me “yet”

“Went to your secret hideout, she was there but managed to escape with Styles but I did get my revenge” my hands clenched at my side “what did you do?”

“I killed that pathetic uncle of yours”