Chapter 14

What Harry said really stuck to me. An Insider, there is someone who is telling Jack, my father, stuff about me and where to find me.

I have been up all night just thinking about who it can be. I don’t talk to a lot of people at school because most of them annoy the hell out of me.

I turned on my side and checked the time on my phone. I sighed when it read that it was only one in the morning. I got out of bed and quietly walked over to the kitchen. I took a bottle of water out of the fridge and took a huge gulp. I screamed when the kitchen light went on and dropped the water bottle. I turned around to see Harry rubbing his eyes, again he was shirtless. “You okay?” I nodded my head and bent down to pick up the water bottle.

“What are you doing up?” I sighed and moved into the living room “can’t sleep” I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands.  “Why?” I scoffed and stared up at Harry.

“My brother was kidnapped, I have recently found out that my dad is alive and is out to kill me for a reason I don’t understand. Then you tell me that someone has been feeding him information and I could know this person.  Maybe that’s why I can’t sleep”

Harry sat down next to me and our knees brushed. I tried to push away the feeling it gave me.

“I am so terrified to go outside because I feel like I am being watched” Harry wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. He kissed the top of my head “there is no need to be terrified”  

I looked up at him “why?”

“Because as long as I am around, no one will harm you”

~

After talking to Harry I went back to bed and tried to sleep.

I finished getting dressed and walked out of my room. I walked into the living room where Harry was sitting on the couch watching TV. I only had about 4 hours sleep so I am still very tired but as Danny always said, education comes first.

I sat down on the couch and put my boots on. I went to stand up to go to the kitchen but Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me back down. I looked over to him confused “what’s wrong?” Harry shook his head “nothing’s wrong”

He stared at me for a moment before sighing “can I try something?” I nodded my head slowly, confused as to what he wants to do.

Harry started to lean forward. Just as our lips brushed I shook my head and pushed his chest “Harry, don’t” Harry looked down at me upset. It hurt me to see it.

“Why can’t I kiss you?” I sighed and moved more to the side.

“You said we were a mistake and now you want to kiss me” I stood up and so did Harry “I didn’t mean it” I walked out of the room and picked up my bag from my room.

 “You hurt me” Harry looked down. I walked over to the door and opened it.

“It hurts way more than finding out that my life has been a lie” with that said I walked out of the door and ran down the hall when I heard Harry shouting for me.

I sat by the tree behind school. I ignored the texts that I got from Harry saying that I need to hear him out. I don’t want to. He hurt me.

“I have been looking all over for you” Jade sat down next to me. I looked down at my hands in my lap “what’s up?” I shook my head “nothing” I felt a tear run down my cheek and I tried to turn my head to hide it from Jade.

I heard Jade move in front of me and grabbed my shoulder “please tell me what’s wrong” I really want to vent to someone about everything which is happening but I can’t.

“It’s just I have a lot going on and it is really stressing me out” Jade moved so she was sat next to me again “shall I call Danny?” I shook my head “he’s out of town for a while”

“Then who are you staying with?” I pulled the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands as the wind blew. “Harry”

Jade picked up my phone which I had placed on top of my bag. I wiped my tears away and looked over to her “what are you doing?” she unlocked my phone “calling Harry” my eyes widened as I took my phone “no”

Jade looked at me confused “why? Mel you look exhausted, you shouldn’t be here”

“Just don’t call him” I went to stand up but Jade pulled me back “what happened between you two?” I sighed and decided to tell her.

“He says that we were a mistake and it shouldn’t have happened but then he tries to kiss me this morning”

“Did you let him?” I shook my head “no, I pushed him away” I heard the bell go off and stood up “I’m going to be late for class” Jade stood up as well and picked her stuff up “why?” we started to make our way back into school.

“I’m going to go to the toilets to clean up” Jade nodded and pulled me into a hug before we separated.

Once I made myself descent, I walked back out of the bathroom.

The halls were deserted because it is already 15 minutes into class. I was making my way to my history class but the sound of shoes squeaking on the floor brought my attention. I turned around but no one was there.

 I turned around and continued to the classroom but an arm wrapped around my waist and when I tried to scream they held their hand over my mouth.