16:

Ari's POV:

'It's nothing I'm fine' I say trying to wipe my tears and try to get out of the car. I feel the pain as I try to get up and I close my eyes.

'Don't bullshit me, who did this to you' Jesse says angrily and I stay silent.

'Bro, lets just get her inside. She's been through enough without us interrogating her.' Marcus says and Jesse nods as they both help me inside, me staying quiet the whole time.

They take me to the living room and I sit down and start to cry, the pain literally coming from my chest. But it wasn't physical pain anymore, I was emotionally damaged. Jesse takes me into his arms.

'I have to get back. I'll speak to you when your ready Ari Okay, I'm always a phone call away okay.' He says and kisses my forehead.

'Please don't tell Lils. I don't want her to worry' I say looking up at him and he nods.
I love Marcus but I'm happy that he left, in the nicest way possible. I feel embarrassed with him seeing me cry, Jesse has already seen it so I'm not as worried.

'Ari, please tell me who hurt you' Jesse says and I look up to him and see he's genuinely hurt

'Promise me you won't be mad at me'

'I could never' he says as he wipes my tears.

'I went to see my dad Jesse. I thought that if I could jest get this bit over with then I would have less stress on my mind. I never thought that he would hit me again.' I say as I start to cry again and Jesse pulls me closer.

'I'm not mad Ari, i just wish I was there to protect you.' He says upset.

' I know I just didn't want to involve you'

'Well just promise me next time you'll tell me before you got there. There's no way I'm letting him go near you again' he says.

'I'm scared Jess'

'Don't be, I got you and I'm never letting you go' he whispers as rubs my back soothingly.
-

Jesse's PoV:

I'm so angry, I want to kill this man. How could he hurt someone as precious as Ari.
I look down as her as see her sleeping soothingly in my arms. I want nothing more but to make her mine, then I can guarantee that she's safe.
I carry her upstairs and decide to take her to my room and it's the closet one and I know her body is in enough pain so I just want her to get rest.

I lay her down on my bed and I pull the covers over her. I start to make my way out.

'Jesse' I hear her say and I turn around.

'You okay?'
'Don't leave, stay with me please' I hear her whisper , without hesitation I go and lay down next to her.
She instantly goes closer to me and lays in my arms.

'I feel safe when in with you' she says and she closes her eyes.

I smile and I feel my eyes close aswell.

*3hours later *

'Where the fuck are you guys!' I hear a voice yell.

Shit they're going to wake Ari up.

I try to get out of Ari's grip without waking her up and make my way down stairs to stop who ever is in my house from making anymore noise.
Who the fuck could it be, nobody has the keys expect Marcus and Ari.

'Lily? What u doing here' I ask as I see lily in a Nike trackuit and he hair in a bun, she looks so scared.

'Where is she, what did that monster do to her?' She starts to panic.

'Shhh keep you voice down. She's upstairs getting some rest.' I say and she quietens down.

'Is it bad?' She asks and I nod.
She breaks down and starts to cry. I embrace her in a hug. I know how she feels. You feel useless seeing someone you care about so much being hurt so badly and not being able to do anything about it.

'Shhh it's okay' I say as she continues to cry.

'It's not fair Jesse, she's already been through so much with Liam, she doesn't need this aswell.' She says
' I know, wait what? Your telling me that Liam hurt her aswell' I says s I feel my blood start to boil.

'Shit I shouldn't have said anything' she says pulling out of the hug.

'I know how you feel Lils, it's shit but we have to try our best to be there for Ari. I'm guessing Marcus told you?' I say and she nods.

'Yeah I know, but everytime this happens I promise her that I won't let it happen again and somehow it always does. I'm such a bad friend'

'Hey your not a bad bestfriend, you an amazing bestfriend. There's nothing neither of us could do. He needs to get locked up.' I say reassuring her.

'He does, but she won't do that because she still believes Ryan needs him in his life.'

'Yeah well after what I've seen him do to Aria, I'm definitely not letting them stay with him. I don't care I'll take full responsibility for Ryan if I have to. I'm not letting either of them get hurt' I say from the bottom of my heart.

'Wait what do you mean stay with him?' She asks confused, oh shit.

'Basically, Ari probably didn't have the chance to tel you yet but this morning her mum told her that her aunties family and her are moving to La and Ari and Ryan were to stay here with their dad. But I refused and said they could stay with me' I say

'Oh my god, that's why she called me earlier. I had literally just gotten out of the bath. I was going to call back but it completely slipped my mind.' She says stressing.

'Stop stressing over it, none of us are to blame but him. And he'll pay his price I promise you that. We just got to focus on Ari and Ryan now.' I say and she nods.

'You need to look after her Jesse. I can see that you genuinely care for her but only do this if you genuinely see something between you two. Don't fuck with her feelings, she's been through enough already.' She says and I nod
'I will, you wanna stay here tonight?' I ask as she's in no state to drive.
'No it's okay, I'm gonna go back home I'll be back tomorrrow morning. Here give these to Marcus when he notices they're missing' she says and walks towards the door, I laugh at how mad she is. That explains how she got in.

'Alright bye, get home safely' I say as I hug her goodbye.
I close the door behind me and go upstairs and take my clothes off and go back into bed with Aria. Today's been such a long day.

Authors note:

These last two chapters were so emotional to write about
Hope you guys enjoyed this book!

Also let me know if you want me to update later on today❤️

Thank you for reading!
Also if you guys have any questions that you want to ask me whether it's about the book or anything in general. you can ask me on

https://jlingzz.sarahah.com/

The website is also in the bio!
^ I will be answering a question in every chapter xx

Amira xx