24

Ari's POV:
Monday-next week.

It's been a week since I unintentionally confessed my feelings to Jesse. He's gone back to training so I haven't really had any time to speak to him, he leaves at 5am and comes back at 9. Even though trainings not that long I feel like he's purposely trying to avoid me.

The only thing we've spoken about is what we're eating for dinner and when we discussed Ryan's school. Jesse was able to get him into his private school around the corner from the house so it's not far for me to pick him up.

I get a notification from my phone and see that Jesse's messaged me.
Jesse💕:
'Finished early today, I'll pick Ryan up you don't have to get out the house x'

Me: alright, thank you. We need to speak when you get back.

Jesse💕:
Should I be worried?

Me:
🤷🏽‍♀️
-

I turn my phone off and I go downstairs and watch some tv trying to go over what I will say to Jesse when he comes back. This conversation is long over due.

Jesse's POV:

Me and Marcus leave training and start walking to our separate cars.

'What's going on with you and Ari?' He asks, I've been hoping he wouldn't ask me that any time soon.

'I don't know bro'

'Jess, you guys can't confess your falling in love with eachother and just avoid eachother straight afterwards. Do you really wanna live like that?' He says and I nod agreeing to what he says

'I know, she said we're going to speak anyway.'

'Use this as a chance to say everything you need to say to her. No holding back.' He says whilst opening his car.

'Alright, I'll phone you later. I have to go pick up Ryan and he finished club in 20mins.' I say and he nods and I get in my car.

I drive towards Ryan's school and make it just on time.

'Hi are you here to pick up Ryan?' His teacher asks me.

'Yeah' I say lowering my cap so none of the kids notice me.

'Look I told you my sisters boyfriend is Jesse Lingard!' He shouts and all the kids scream. Great one Ry, thanks a lot.

I end up taking pictures with the children and their parents and then I rush out of there.

'Thanks for that' I say as we get in the car and Ryan lowers his head.

'Hey, I was only joking. What's wrong?' I say, waiting for him to reply before I start the engine.

'Im sorry for telling them. Please don't hate me' He says, still looking down.

'I don't hate you. I could never, it's fine. Just be careful because you could find some fake friends with telling them that you know me' I say to him.
He looks up at me and he still looks upset

'Come on ell me what happened.' I say to him getting frustrated

'The boys, they p-punched me. They said that I have nobody to save me because mummy's gone to America and dad don't care' he says tears threatening to fall.

'What? Who did that to you?' Feeling the anger boil up in me

'The boys in my class. I didn't want to cry, I'm not a baby. But they hurt me Jesse'
hearing those words breaks my heart. I promised to protect him and here he is getting bullied on his first day of school.

'Ryan, crying doesn't make you a baby. It shows your a man with real emotions that don't let society get to him. Don't ever think that.' I say messing up his hair.

'Are you going to leave me as-well?' He says lowering his head.

'No, me and Ari will sort this out. I'm not gonna leave you Ryan. Your like my little brother.'
I reassure him.
He stays silent. Tomorrow when I drop him I'm going to be having words with that school.

I start the engine and Ryan looks out of he window the whole journey home.

I park the car and me and Ryan go into the house.

I see Ari sitting on the sofa. How am I going to break this to her?

'Hey Ry, how was school?' She asks him.

'Good' he answers whilst dropping his bag and running upstairs.

'Ry? What's wrong with him?' She asks me

'We need to talk' I say and walk towards the kitchen so Ryan can't hear

'Go on, tell me' She says 'JESSE!'

'Alright, when I went to pick him up he screamed to some boys 'see I told you Jesse is my sisters boyfriend' and they all took pictures with me' I start off.

'That's not like him. Why would he draw attention to you like that' she says confused.

'I know, that's why I spoke to him about it'

'And?' She edges, getting impatient.

'He said that some boys punched him, and he didn't want to look like a baby so he didn't cry, but they hurt him'

'What? Why?' She asks barely above a whisper.

'I don't know, but he said that they said nobody could save him because his mums in America and his dad don't care' I finish off.

Aria takes a seat at the breakfast bar. She rests her head in her hands.

'Ari, please don't make yourself upset, I'll sort it' I say walking up to her. She lifts her head up and hugs me crying into my chest.

'How can I fail him so bad. Mums not even been gonna for a month. I can't even play acting 'mum.' For 3 weeks. I can't do this Jesse' she says.

'Yes you can. Your not alone Ari we'll figure this out. We'll figure out the whole acting as parents thing and it will work out. But the situation were in right now it's healthy or stable for Ryan.' I say to her and she loosens her grip and pulls her head away.

' I know' she whispers.

'We're either friends or were trying to become something more but seriously no more playing around, we're adults and we have a new responsibility'

'What do you want' she asks, her beautiful eyes reflecting into mine.

'I want what ever makes you happy, but honestly I want to be able to call you mine' I say to her.

'I want that too. But I'm scared' she says

'Scared of what, I already told you there's nothing to be scared about.'

What if more people like Angel come into our life's' she said

'There's nothing I can do about that. Sadly there are people that don't want to see me being happy, example A: Angel. But I want you and you make me happy, they shouldn't stop that, you have to trust me'

'Baby steps?' She says.

'Baby steps' I say and pull her back into a hug.

Authors Note:

Hey guysssss, guess who's backkk❤️

Hope you enjoyed this chapter I'm sorry for being gone for a while, had some stuff to sort out but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

15 comments and 15 votes and I'll give you and new chapter by Saturday ❤️

Amira xx