32:

Ari's PoV:

I hear the bell ring and I go and answer it knowing that it's lily.

'Heyy girlll' She says hugging me.

'Heyy' I say returning the hug.

'Nice place, Jesse really out did himself' she says smiling

'Yeah I know, I can't stay here for long though. It's too much to rent'

'Ah you'll be back at Jesse's before you know it' She says shrugging. And I roll my eyes.

'Anyway! I got a phone call by a sports journalism company, based here in Manchester. They said to go in for an interview!' I saw all excited.

'Ik when Jesse told me I was so happy for you, maybe you can start here after all' she says.

'Yeah- wait when did Jesse tell you?'

'He came to Marcus' place, he was there when I left'

'How did he know? - no no no don't tell me' I say placing my hand on my head, hoping she doesn't tell me what I think.

'Yep, he organised it, he called some man called Mitch something?'

'Craig Mitch?' I ask

'Yeah that's the one, and he said he found you somewhere, so you practically got the job'

'That's not a good thing' I say to her.

'Why not, ofcourse it is!'

'No lils, it's because of Jesse. I for once wanted to do something for myself, I thought I was actually getting noticed for something without the help of Jesse. That's the whole reason I left him, to be independent.'

'Ari don't be silly, he's just helping you, for aslong as I knew you you've wanted to be a journalist. This could just be a stepping stone that leads you onto bigger and better things' she says and I nod my head.

'I understand that, but I can't go to that interview' I say to her.

'Okay well you have today to think about it, how about me and you chill and watch some movies. We need a girly day' she says.

'We'll only be able to watch 2 movies, I have to pick up ryan' I say.

'2's more then enough. Imma grab the snacks, you go and pick the movie' she says and I head towards the living room.

Jesse's PoV:

I've been chilling at Marcus' house for about 4 hours.

It's now 4:15

'Oh shit, I just saw that Lily texted me an hour ago '
Marcus says as he gets his phone from the kitchen.

'What did she say?'

'She said, that Ari is having second thoughts about the interview because she knows it's from your help'

'Oh shit. No.' I say feeling bad. I know this is what she wants but I should've known she wouldn't have taken it if she knew it was because of me.

'I think you should call her bro, she isn't going to get another chance like this' he says.

'Yeah I know, I'll call her later' I say to him

'No jess do it now'

I roll my eyes and take my phone

I dial her number and it rings out.

'She's not answering' I say

'Try again'

I re-dial, still no answer.