Letter 22

dear landon,

you scare me you know. but you might know that since your the "expert on girls."

Unknown:

Are you okay?

I know that I might be old enough to answer numbers that I don't know but I have no idea who just texted me. And it's scary that they could e a pedophile. But since their apparently concerned I guess I can ask.

To Unknown:

Who is this?

From Unknown:

Your stalker ;)

After receiving that message I froze in my spot and immediately looked out my bedroom window.

From Unknown:

Haha just kidding! I bet you panicked and looked out the window. My names L.

I rolled my eyes at my silliness and replied. But not before changing the contact name.

To Landon:

Yes I did! How did you get my number?????

From Landon:

I've got my ways.

From Landon:

I just wanted to check if you were okay since you didn't go with us today.

I remember the reason as to why I didn't want to go. I had to call my dad. See if he was doing okay. Or I could always go visit him. But for now after hearing his voicemail about 10 times I gave up and sent him a text.

To Landon:

Yup. I'm fine.

From Landon:

I'm not an expert on girls but I know that when they say they're fine they aren't.

To Landon:

Wow! You are an expert with girls.

From Landon:

What can I say? They love me.

I rolled my eyes at his reply. I was annoyed but I guess I was used to his slightly big ego.

To Landon:

If you say so...

has your ego ever been low? it has got to have been! i think...

-clare

p.s. never mind i know it has been.