Chapter 1: A realm other than your own.

(Y/n)'s point of view.

Location: (Y/n)s' home.

June 17, 20XX

I hear my alarm as I wake up tired from my sleep. I reach my hand out to desperately turn it off because I was still tired. I finally hit the top of my alarm clock after missing the damn thing a couple of times. I curse the day alarm clocks were invented in the past. If people want to sleep, let them sleep I say! Even though I turned it off and I can still rest a bit more, there was always another one that didn't have an off switch.

???: Wake up Onii-chan!

I hear a small voice as it comes running into my room and jumps up and lands on my stomach waking me up haphazardly. Being fully awake, I see my younger sister laughing after seeing me react from being woken up like that. This is Abby, my 7 year old sister that thinks highly of me. Even though she can be a pain at times, she looks up to me and always wants to have fun. I smile as I pat her on the top of her head as a sign of saying thanks.

(Y/n): So what's the occasion for waking me up like this sis?

Abby: You don't remember? Today's your birthday Onii-chan!

I look at her shocked as I look at the calendar and then to my alarm clock. As Abby said, it was the 17th of June, and that meant my birthday was today.

(Y/n): Thanks for the reminder Abby. Now go on downstairs sis. Mom and dad should be making birthday breakfast as we speak.

Abby: Okay Onii-chan, but if you don't come down soon, prepare for another rude awakening!

She says that as she laughs and runs downstairs to see mother and father. I yawn as I get up from the bed and almost walk past my mirror. I look at myself to see my (E/c) eyes and my (H/c) hair was a mess. Guess I was more tired than what I had thought. I fix my hair to make it look as neat as possible before heading downstairs in my pajamas. The smell of grilled bacon, scramble eggs and pancakes makes my stomach rumble cueing it was hungry. After I walk into the kitchen mom had just finished helping Abby with her plate and began eating her breakfast.

(Y/n): Morning mom, morning dad.

Mom: Good morning son.

Dad: Hey there son.

Mother and father greet me as I walk into the kitchen. Dad was reading the newspaper while he drank his morning coffee. On the front page of the newspaper I can see that scientists have gathered readings of electromagnetic energy fields fluctuations as of late. I soon go to the cupboard and grab a plate as I fill it up with the food my mother prepared. As I sit next to my sis, she looks up to me and smiles from seeing me as I smile back.

With today being the start of summer vacation, it makes today the perfect day for today. I felt like it was two celebrations in one. The first to celebrate another year older and to relax for 104 days until school starts up again. As I was about to get up, dad caught my attention to stay seated where I am for a bit. Dad pulls out a small black box and slides it to me. I take it as it approaches to see a present bow on top of it. Feeling curious about what could be inside, I open it up to see the necklace dad always wore around the house and everywhere he went.

 Feeling curious about what could be inside, I open it up to see the necklace dad always wore around the house and everywhere he went