Chapter 9: The master mind revealed! (Y/n), give everything you got! - Part 1

Third person view.

July 31, 20XX

Location: Lowee's Basilicom

Time: Morning.

(Y/n) woke up with head spinning feeling very fatigued. He tries to think why he's like this and remembers his battle with Blanc before he got knocked out. He then looks towards his hand and clenches it into a fist.

(Y/n): (Thoughts) I'm getting there. If I keep this up... I'll be at their strength soon enough.

He yawns as he gets up and notices a note on the nightstand. He then picks it up to read it.

Note: Dear (Y/n), you fought pretty well for yourself. Keep getting stronger to give me a better challenge next time. Until then, keep up the good work. -Blanc.

(Y/n) smiles seeing the note was from Blanc and how she thought of their fight. He places it back down as he puts on his clothes for the day.

(Insert opening Neptunia theme)

After exiting the bedroom he was resting in, (Y/n) tries to shake off the effects of being tired as he yawns once more. He then enters what looks like a dinning room with a long table and sees Vert drinking some tea.

Vert: It would seem you're awake now. Have a good rest I take it?

(Y/n): I guess, to think Blanc's strength would effect me that much. I know I had my aura to increase my capabilities, but damn that hurt...

Vert: You certainly gave a show. Too bad that you were asleep for five days. We tried to wake you, but after taking all that damage and using up a lot of energy as well, we thought to let you rest and heal up. The tournament ended up having Neptune winning it all. Though beggars can't be choosers on who wins.

(Y/n): Aw man... Really? Damn, I didn't even get to see the rest of the fights. Oh well... There's always next time.

Vert: Later we have a party planned today, not just celebrate Neptune's win, but to also celebrate something else as well.

(Y/n): Hmm? Like what?

Vert: To celebrate your progress in your training of course. Ever since you arrived from what the others said, you've been working hard just to get stronger in this world even though you could have stayed in the Basilicom's to stay safe. Although it was impressive you made Abnes run away with fear in her eyes. You do know she will target you now.

(Y/n): Eh, just let her try. Bet ya a hundred credits that when she see's me again, she'll regret it. As for working hard to train, I would rather see some adventure instead of fearing for my life. If someone went out of the way to bring me here into this world, there's no way they'll stop trying to come after me. That meant I have to protect myself in case something happens.

Vert laughs as she takes a sip of her tea.

Vert: Then we need more people like you then. Usually people would lock themselves away until help arrives or in this case for you, a way back home. It takes some courage to not lose hope in situations like this, but you see this experience as a blessing for your own needs. You are a good example to look at a problem, but turn it into a possibility.