Chapter 10: A day in the sun! Let's go swimming!

Third person view.

August 21, 20XX

Location: Lastation's Basilicom - Vert's virtual reality simulation device: Open Field.

Time: Morning.

(Insert opening Neptunia theme)

Within the space generators Vert provided for the group to train at their leisure. (Y/n) and Noire spar together against each other with their blades. (Y/n) is using his aura to surrounding his body while wielding the Sapphire Spirit Blade and Noire is in her HDD form as they fight. They each block the others attack while trying to strike back in the same fashion. They then clash as they struggle for who is stronger.

(Y/n): Not bad keeping up Noire. Though in my opinion, you can do better.

Black Heart (Noire): Oh really? Let's see you handle this!

Black Heart pushes (Y/n) from the clash as she uses her Tornado Chain skill to make a couple quick slashes and deliver a dive kick at (Y/n). The attacks connects and sends him sliding backwards into a virtual tree as he regains his footing.

(Y/n): Urgh... Good one. But let's see you try this!

(Y/n) uses Multi-Slicer to distract Black Heart while he pushed forward behind his attack. Black Heart then decides to counter it with her Tornado Sword as it makes the multiple energy slashes cancel out. In the dust, (Y/n) emerges from it as he surprises Black Heart as she does a horizontal slash at him as he ducks under it. After (Y/n) gets close enough, he holds his sword to where the blade is near Black Heart's neck while he has his other arm around her leaning backwards.

(Y/n): Looks like I win this duel princess.

Black Heart blushes as she turns her head to the side while (Y/n) backs away from her. Black Heart reverts back to normal with her arms crossed.

Noire: Just wait, I'll win the next one after resting up.

(Y/n): Sure. I could use a rest as well from that attack you did on me. Nice use on using my own balance against me and using that attack though. That got me there.

Noire: Thanks, and not bad on using the dust as cover for that surprise attack. Though you could have done it without bringing us close to each other. -mumbles- Even though it felt nice...

(Y/n): What was that?

Noire: I said it made me feel annoyed!

(Y/n) gave Noire a questioning look before shrugging it off before he deactivated the simulation device. After the virtual area dissipated, it showed Noire's office where she worked. They both decide to take a seat on the couch to rest up their energy.

(Y/n): Sure gets tiring from training a lot.

Noire: Well what do you expect? We have to train harder than ever now with that lunatic still out there. You would have literally died if that attack finished you off if that Share Energy didn't save you. That just shows how strong our enemy is when put into situations like that. We have to be ready for that man's next move in case something happens.

(Y/n): Yeah I know. Though I could use a day to relax though. Even with all this training, we have to be mentally prepared as well Noire. Just being cautious all the time won't do if we just worry about what could happen next time. Being prepared is one thing Noire, but being too prepared is over dramatic at best.