Chapter 14: Gathering of the team. A leader is chosen.

(Insert opening Neptunia theme)

(Y/n)'s point of view.

September 17, 20XX

Location: Planeptune's Basilicom.

Time: Three o'clock P.M.

I open my eyes as I looked around myself, all I could see was darkness. I look down and saw my body was there like I expected, but something... felt off...

(Y/n): (Thoughts) W-Where am I..? Where is this..?

???: Why (Y/n)..?

I heard a voice as I turned around. To my horror I see my friends on the ground as I saw Gamindustri was on fire. Everyone was hurt as some of them were bleeding out. The first person I went to first was Blanc as I begin to try and heal her.

(Y/n): Blanc! What happened?! How did this happen?!

Blanc: You weren't here... We needed help... But you weren't here to help...

(Y/n): N-No..! I'm here! I never left! I don't understand how this happened!!

Blanc: Because you weren't here... Our world... our home... is gone...

(Y/n): No... This can't be happening...!

Blanc: This... isn't your fault... I... love you...

I began to shake as I began to cry also from what Blanc was saying to me. What happened next broke me as I held Blanc in my arms as she died.

(Y/n): N-No! Blanc! Wake up! Wake up!! Blanc?! Blanc?!?! BLANC!!!

Holding her close, I raised my head to the sky as I screamed with all my heart that someone I loved is gone. While I screamed, I suddenly woke up from my sleep. I looked around myself as I tried to figure out what was real anymore. Feeling a hand on my shoulder I quickly look towards a worried Nepgear as she looked at me.

Nepgear: (Y/n)! What's wrong?!

(Y/n): N-Nepgear...? Am I awake right now...?

Nepgear: Y-Yes you are... What happened??

I began to feel a wave of relief wash over me thanking whoever was out there that it was only a dream. I began to cry as I remembered what happened in that dream though, what I felt and how empty inside from what I saw.

(Y/n): I-It was somewhere dark... I heard Blanc's voice only, but you, everyone, our home... I thought I lost everything... And after I had a short talk with Blanc... S-She... She...

Nepgear took me into an embrace as I began to cry. It felt too real for me. It hurt so much seeing that dream happen.

Nepgear: It was only a dream, but a dream is the least of our worries right now (Y/n)... Do you remember anything before passing out...?

I thought hard at what Nepgear asked of me when I remembered the events of what happened earlier today. Dionix, he had crashed the party the girls had set up for me to help celebrate the birthday I didn't get to have in my world and he had kidnapped Vert, Neptune, Noire, and Blanc in the process. I got up quickly as I felt pain in my chest and back as I fell to my knees coughing up small traces of blood. Nepgear got down next to me quickly to see if I was okay.

Nepgear: Please take it easy on yourself (Y/n)..! You're still recovering from the effects of the Anti-crystal and damage Dionix did to you..!