my clothes || chaesoo

It became a habit for Chaeyoung. Like eating bananas or stepping out of the way every time Jennie does a hair flip. It started with a t-shirt. And then another. And another. Until wearing sweatshirts and beanies that belonged to her just didn't feel right.

-

Jisoo didn't notice; at least not at first. Her 1975 shirt's disappearance was nothing new, the girls like to borrow and swap clothes often so she figured one of them had it and brushed it off. Then it was a pair of sweatpants. Another t-shirt. A beanie. Three more t-shirts. She'd had enough.

"Have you been stealing my clothes?"

"Huh?" Jennie glanced up from her phone to where Jisoo was standing in the doorway.

"My clothes have all mysteriously vanished and I figured the most likely culprit is you." Jisoo saw the look on Jennie's face and quickly butt in before the girl could say anything.

"Don't give me that look! I know you've had a pair of earrings and a bracelet of mine for over two weeks."

Jennie had the good grace to look sheepish but defensively raised her hands.

"Look, I may be a jewelry thief but I'm not a clothes snatcher." she laid back against the headboard and brought her phone back up to her face. "Ask Chaeng, I saw her suitcase when we checked in and let's just say she probably needed Manager Oppa's help zipping it closed."

Jisoo sighed a thanks before turning and exiting the hotel suite. The walk down the hall to where room 305 was took longer then she thought and by the time she stopped in front of the shiny wood door her irritation had increased. Immensely.

She rapped three hard knocks on the door before realizing it was slightly propped against the frame. She pushed it open, calling out as she did. "Chaeyoung?"

"In here." came the raspy reply.

Jisoo quickly rounded the corner of the entryway to a sight that made all of her previous grouchiness disappear down the drain.

Chaeyoung was lying in a fetal position, with the comforter pulled up to her chin and an expression on her face that could only be described as "kicked puppy".

Jisoo was by her side in an instant, brushing the loose hair that had fallen from her messy bun away from her bloodshot eyes and rubbing up and down her arm that was beneath the covers.

"Chaeng, what's wrong?" Chaeyoung buried her face in the pillows and mumbled a reply.

"Everything."

Jisoo sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. "Were you on twitter again?"

The low grunt that came from the pile of hair in front of her confirmed that as a yes.

"Scoot over." Jisoo nudged Chaeyoung until she was on the other side of the bed and slipped under the covers so that they were face to face.

Chaeyoung's voice came out whispered. "Why are they so mean, Chu?"

Jisoo found Chaeyoung's hand beneath the sheets and laced their fingers together before answering.

"Because they're cowards. They hide behind a computer screen and act like they know exactly who you are and then get mad when you don't fit every little detail they made up about you." Jisoo slid closer to Chaeyoung before continuing. "The important thing is that YOU know who you are. If you don't know them personally, don't take it personal." Jisoo finished the last line of the saying with a small smile on her face.

"Thanks, Chu. You're so intelligent, like Oprah."

Jisoo giggled and brought their laced hands between them up onto the pillows. "No problem. If singing ever doesn't work out, I'll just become Oprah."

Chaeyoung face lit up. "Does that make me Gale?"

Jisoo's heart thumped harder in her chest. "Sure."

Chaeyoung's fist pumped with the hand that wasn't holding Jisoo's, causing the comforter to be pulled farther down Chaeyoung's body, and Jisoo noticed something.

"Is that...my sweatshirt?"

Chaeyoung glanced down at the dark blue fabric and shrugged.

"Huh, guess it is." Chaeyoung looked back at her. "That's cool with you right?"

Jisoo nodded slowly and chose her next words carefully. "You don't happen to have anything else of mine by chance, do you?"

Chaeyoung shrugged again. "I dunno...maybe a couple shirts?"

Jisoo rose up onto her elbows and looked around the hotel room until her eyes landed on the wide open suitcase she hadn't noticed upon walking in. "A couple?"

When no response came, Jisoo looked beside her expecting a guilty face, but instead found lumpy covers that seemed to be breathing.

"Chaeyoung..."

A muffled noise came from beneath the white sheets.

"What was that?"

Chaeyoung's voice came clearer this time. "They're comfortable."

"My sweatpants?"

"Also comfortable."

Jisoo sighed. "My beanies?"

Chaeyoung's doe eyes peaked from the edge of the comforter. "I mostly use those for selfies."

Jisoo ran a hand through her hair and fixed Chaeyoung with a deadly gaze. "Do you know what this means?"

Chaeyoung sat up and almost shrunk back down into her cocoon immedetely at Jisoo's eyes bearing into her. "What?"

"It means..." Jisoo didn't finish her sentence, but instead launched herself at the younger girl, pinning her arms above her head and straddling her waist. "TICKLE MONSTER."

Chaeyoung shrieked as Jisoo released her arms and instead started relentlessly attacking Chaeyoung's neck and sides with her hands.

Chaeyoung's boisterous laughter echoed throughout the room which Jisoo thought sounded like if sunshine had a noise.

"...Chu...please," Chaeyoung managed to get out between her laughter. "I'll... do anything.....I won't talk for...a week straight! I'll....give....you..my... firstborn!"

Jisoo finally let Chaeyoung breathe after a minute or so and realized the compromising position they were in. She quickly swung her leg off the other girl and sat back onto the bed.

Chaeyoung hadn't seemed to notice as she was still catching her breath, her hair had completely come out of it's top knot on her head and was fanned across the pillow like a halo, and it was Jisoo's turn to catch her breath.

Chaeyoung turned towards her. "I'm going to get back at you for that someday, Kim Jisoo."

Jisoo shrugged. "That's what you get for taking my t-shirts."

Chaeyoung sat up, pulling the covers with her. "That reminds me, could you grab me a pair of your pants? I'm not wearing any."

Jisoo was going to be dead by the end of this tour.