not my panties || jensoo

These, Jennie realized abruptly, were not her panties.

-

Jennie didn't believe in luck or fate, not after some of the reading the Doctor had assigned her. That meant that the girl Jennie was sharing a bank of dryers with had to be a very happy coincidence. She was about a year older than Jennie and very pretty to start with. She was actually reading a book, which endeared her deeply to Jennie. Style-wise, very put together (especially for a girl who needed to do laundry. Unlike Jennie. And, unless her eyes were deceiving her, the other girl kept sneaking glances at her, and had been reading the same two pages the whole time her clothes had been in the dryer.

The harsh buzz of the dryer jolted her back to reality, and she dumped the clothes into her basket to begin folding while they were still warm. She had gotten through a couple of blouses when something tangled in her fingers. Something in burgundy silk. Stupidly, she held them up for closer examination under the dull fluorescent light.

These, Jennie realized abruptly, were not her panties. Her eyes snapped over to the other girl; unwillingly, her brain supplied the image of the stranger wearing nothing but the underwear she was now holding up for the entire world to see.

A small, polite cough brought her back to reality. "If you want to keep folding my laundry, don't let me stop you." The owner of the panties in question offered her a smile and a handshake. "Jisoo. Nice to meet you."

"Uh, hi. Jennie. I, uh, just got distracted." What the hell, give it a try. "By you. But not in a creepy way." Quick, say something else before you get hypnotized by that star in her pupil. "So, what'cha reading?"

Jisoo laughed. "Are you going to put those down? Or are you trying to imagine what you'd look like in them, too?"

Wait, what? Jennie looked down to discover that, somehow, she was still clutching Jisoo's panties like a strand of worry beads. Which was both fitting yet inappropriate. "Oh my god, I am so sorry--wait, too?"

Jennie's gratified to see Jisoo blush, just a little. "I think the color would look good on you. And, um, you're pretty cute. So, yes, if you want to hang out until your laundry gets done--and maybe after--that would be just fine."