stargazing || jensoo

After Jennie has spent a month away, she and Jisoo are reunited.

They sit out under the stars, discussing life and their relationship, realizing just how much they have come to care for each other.

-

Jennie sighed. It had been a long month away from her friends, taking some time off with her mom. The breakup had been more emotionally challenging than she had anticipated. The whole reason they broke up was because she loved Jisoo, not Kai. Her and Jisoo talked things over and were beginning to get closer again. They were now together, just as Jennie had wanted. But all of this was so mentally draining, so she needed some time to clear her mind. Much as she'd enjoyed her trip, she was glad to be home.

Jisoo waited at the airport expectantly. She had shrugged off the thought of the Jennie being away for a month, but in reality it had been hard. Of course the maknaes were great, but it wasn't quite the same.

Jennie caught sight of Jisoo at the gate, and her face brightened immediately. She'd missed her, although she was too proud to openly admit it. "Jisoo-yah!"

"Jendeukie!" she cried, her face breaking into a huge smile. She looked as beautiful as ever, her slim figure and every inch of her exposed skin gleaming. She wanted to run over and plant a friendly kiss on her cheek, but she was well aware that it wouldn't be appropriate.

Jisoo glanced around quickly. Everyone else was absorbed in their own business. She smiled to herself and lay her hand gently on Jennie's waist and grinned happily. She felt complete. "Shall we go?" she asked.

Jennie smiled warmly. "Yes please, Chu." She loved being around Jisoo, she just made her feel happy in ways that other people didn't.

Jisoo knew Jennie well enough to not expect an unseemingly over-enthusiastic greeting. But she was looking forward to spending some time in Jennie's company and hearing all about her time away. When they arrived at the dorm, she was glad that the maknaes were asleep. She loved them of course, but right now she wanted some uninterrupted time with Jennie.

As Jennie unpacked her things, she smiled at the familiar surroundings. "I am glad to see you again, Chu. I was so lonely without you."

They eventually went up to the roof, finding a spot where they could lay down.

Jennie let out a big sigh, settling onto the small blanket. "Come lay down with me?"

Jisoo gladly took up her place upon Jennie's blanket. She laid her cheek on Jennie's and just took a moment to appreciate how lucky she was. She knew that Jennie could sometimes be haughty and hard to get on with, but she had been privileged enough to see her gentler side. "It was lonely here too," she admitted.

Jennie raised an eyebrow. Her dear Jisoo, lonely? How upsetting. She'd have to make it up to her sometime. For now...

"Is it still lonely, now that I'm back?"

"No Jendeukie, it isn't lonely now." She didn't want to come across as needy, that wouldn't sit well with her companion at all. But, genuinely, being without Jennie was just... not right. "How was the trip?" she asked.

Jennie smiled. "It was incredible, to be able to see my mother, my relatives and my old home once again."

"Wow," said Jisoo, "I bet you were quite the celebrity!" She was aware that many people would do almost anything to have the chance to meet the Jennie Kim in person.

"Would you ever... be tempted to leave Seoul and libe a normal life? You know, like to start a family." Jisoo wouldn't dream of ever holding Jennie back, but her heart beat fast at the thought of her leaving. New Zealand was a long way away, and she had never left Seoul.