thanks for tonight || jensoo ⚠️🔞⚠️

It's simple on the surface: two friends meeting up for drinks. But Jennie knows there's more between her and Jisoo than meets the eye.

-

Jisoo's voice sounded tinny and thin through the connection of the telephone line. "Can you repeat that?"

"Sure," said Jennie. "Can I come up to see you in Central tomorrow night?"

There was silence.

"Or are you busy? If you're too busy, it's fine."

"I should have some free time," said Jisoo's voice, slow and deliberate.

Jennie leaned against the wall and smoothed back a strand of hair that had fallen from her ponytail. "Great! What time are you allowed to clock out?"

"I can meet you at half past six." She named a bar Jennie vaguely recalled from a trip a few months ago, and then, after a few more oddly stiff pleasantries, hung up.

Jennie frowned at the receiver in her hand. There was something off about Jisoo's voice, a tension that couldn't be explained by her usual professionalism, or even the sarcasm that so often hovered just below the surface. She had sounded... stressed. Maybe Jennie was only making things worse by interrupting Jisoo's routine. Maybe she should call back and cancel...

But then she realized, with a twinge of self-pity, that it was more likely Jisoo had somehow picked up on the unspoken hope and promise in Jennie's suggestion through the telephone wires, and had been trying to gracefully turn her down.

So there were two flutters in Jennie's stomach for the next twenty-four hours, two anxieties at war with each other. The time passed all too quickly, or possibly not quickly enough-it was hard for Jennie to tell because of how her guts were constantly knotting and unknotting themselves, a process that had an immediate uptick in speed once she spotted Jisoo on the train platform in Seoul. Jisoo looked-there was no other word for it-hot. Her skirt was tight against the curves of her hips and ass, even though it went down past her knees, and the short sleeves of her shirt showed off her muscular arms.

This certainly wasn't a professional outing, though Jisoo's shirt did look suspiciously like a standard-issue under-uniform turtleneck. Jennie silently reaffirmed her decision to wear her favorite green dress, cut to show only a little cleavage, if she wore the right brassiere. The outfit always made her feel confident, like someone who wouldn't fall apart at the sight of her best friend in a slinky skirt.

Things weren't exactly better once they had settled themselves at the bar. Had Jennie been a weaker woman, she would have found it hard to concentrate on Jisoo's stories of the endless meetings and social events she had to arrange. Jisoo's belt sat beautifully at her hips, so that the curve of her abs was just visible though her thin black shirt. That wasn't fair. She didn't even know if Jisoo was still interested. Of course, they were probably going to be sharing Jisoo's bed, since the woman had never owned a couch, but-

Well, Jennie was doing the best she could with the strength she had.

Eventually Jisoo's anecdotes came to an end, and Jennie noticed again the slight paleness, the pinching between the eyebrows, the determined set of the jaw. "So," said Jisoo, her voice low. "Why did you really want to meet?"

The wine had made a pleasant, calming warmth inside her, and that dulled the shock, though not the sudden tightness between her legs. But Jennie still wasn't ready to blurt it out like that. "Huh? They're keeping you awfully busy lately, I haven't seen you in weeks."

But Jisoo's frown had only deepened. She looked like she was trying to read Jennie's mind. Jennie tapped her lightly on the shoulder, trying to ignore the jolt the contact sent through her. "What is it? You're acting really weird. Is something wrong?"