christmas || jensoo

Jisoo works as a Christmas elf in the mall. Jennie works as a baker. One thing they have in common?

Muffins

-

Jisoo gave a silent thanks as the last kid hopped off Santa's lap and rushed back to his parents. With Christmas so close, the mall was a haven full of parents and rambunctious kids. Jisoo had had a long day of posing with Santa while she held an oversized fake candy cane next to him. She adjusted her red and white striped stockings as she took a seat on the arm of Santa's chair.

"You can sit on my lap you know."

Jisoo rolled her eyes. The guy playing Santa was a nice guy, but not Jisoo's type at all. "I'll pass."

She was graciously saved from giving an awkward explanation as her friend, Chaeyoung, walked by. Jisoo ran up to her and gave her a half hug. It was kind of hard due to all the bags that Chaeyoung was carrying.

"Late minute Christmas shopping?" Jisoo teased.

"You can say that."

"Let me rephrase that; late minute Christmas shopping for yourself?"

Chaeyoung gave a wink. "You know me so well."

Jisoo laughed. "You want to get something to eat? I'm starving."

"Is Santa out here starving you? Do I need to have a word with him?"

"No, it's just been a really long day. Luckily I have tomorrow off. I feel like I could eat a horse."

"Please don't."

"I'll try not to."

"Are you going to change?" Chaeyoung asked, looking Jisoo up and down.

Jisoo knew she looked a little ridiculous in her elf costume. Despite posing with children, the photographers had given her a skimpy outfit. Her outfit consisted of a green crop top that had white fur around the sleeves, a red skirt with green white fur on the waist, peppermint striped color stockings, and a pair of silvery heels.

Jisoo shrugged. Majority of the mall had already seen her basically half naked in this terrible costume, so who even cared. "No."

"Okay," Chaeyoung replied cheerfully.

The two of them made their way through the mall. Christmas music was playing all around. The mall had a dozen Christmas trees lit up, illuminating the place with pretty lights. Jisoo could faintly smell something sweet. Her stomach rumbled and she knew that she needed something quick. She quickly pulled Chaeyoung into the direction of the sweet smells and they found themselves in front of a small bakery shop.

"I've never seen this place before," Chaeyoung said. "And I shop a lot, so that's saying something."

Come to think of it, neither had Jisoo. According to the sign in front, it was a bakery named Jennie's Sweet Stuff. Jisoo walked in along with Chaeyoung, who put her bags on one of the small tables and sat down.

"You're not getting anything?" Jisoo asked.

Chaeyoung shook her head no. "I'm a dancer. You know I have to watch my weight."

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "You're beautiful Chaeyoung."

"I know."

Jisoo laughed. She walked up to the counter and looked at all the sweets. There were cookies decorated as penguins, snowmen, reindeer, and Santa Claus. But then there were also the cupcakes with green and red icing. Jisoo's mouth was drooling. She couldn't decide.

"Can I help you?"

Jisoo looked up. The cashier was a girl wearing an enormous red bow in her hair. She had long hair and had a gummy smile that made Jisoo forget what she was going to say.