victoria's secret || chaelisa

Lisa and Chaeyoung spend their Thanksgiving Break together in the most comical of ways.

-

Despite his burly figure, Lisa's dad loved to cook. Whether it was breakfast before school and work, or dessert after a long day, the man loved being in the kitchen. The women of the Manoban household certainly didn't mind; Ms. Manoban could kick back and relax for once and well, Lisa just couldn't really cook. Thanksgiving is really when her dad loved to shine. He never failed to provide his tiny family with a feast to feed an entire army. At the end of the night, Lisa unbuttoned her jeans and toppled into bed while her parents suffered from food comas in the living room.

The subtle indie sounds emanating from the record player were suddenly interrupted with a dull thud. Lisa groaned as she lifted herself up from her bed, not wanting to investigate the source of the sound.

Nothing.

Lisa turned to flop back down onto her bed, but was interrupted by another thud. Her window pane rattled in response and it was all too reminiscent of last fall. The birds flying aimlessly into windows, only to fall to their demise. She shook the thought out of her head. It couldn't be that.

Reluctantly, she made her way to her window, pulling the drapes apart to peer out into the night.

Well, for starters, blood wasn't smeared all over her window. She looked down and found that there weren't any dead birds either.

Good.

Instead, she was greeted by none other than Park Chaeyoung herself. Sneaker in hand, poised to chuck it at Lisa's window again. In the pale moonlight, Lisa could make out a wicked grin on the blonde's face.

"Chaeng, what the hell?!"

Chaeyoung lowered her arm before bending over to put her shoe back on. "Come on."

"Come where?!"

"Lisa," Chaeyoung began, huffing as she fussed with her laces. "It's Black Friday."

Lisa's brow furrowed, her hand moving to brush her bangs from her face. "Is that when you go to church and they put soot all over your face?"

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, biting back a chuckle. Lisa could be a little dense sometimes. Still, she was pretty cute. Even if she didn't know the difference between Ash Wednesday and Black Friday.

Chaeyoung stood to her full height once again, smoothing out her clothes. "Jump."

Lisa was incredulous. Chaeyoung had lost her mind. No way in hell was she going to jump out of her window and get in the car just to go to... church. She cringed. She winced.

"I'll buy you a new outfit. Or two."

Wait... what?

"Oh my god, you weren't serious about the church thing, were you?" Chaeyoung asked, wide eyed.

Lisa ran her fingers through her hair, throwing Chaeyoung a sheepish smile as her cheeks began to blush. She was serious, but it was a part of her Lalisa Manoban Charm.

Or so she thought.
Chaeyoung thought so too.
Even though she was growing impatient.

Chaeyoung whined Lisa's name from below, signaling her to hurry up. Lisa figured she wasn't serious about the whole jumping bit, or at least she hoped she wasn't. She quickly got on her shoes and coat before heading out, making sure to grab her camera bag along the way.

•••

The mall on Black Friday was a Godless place.

Lisa learned very quickly that they were indeed not going to Church. Not in the slightest.