warmth || chaesoo

It was winter and Jisoo felt cold, but then there was this girl at a cozy looking coffee shop, and maybe Jisoo didn't mind the winter too much.

-

It was winter, and Jisoo was cold. Not only her body was freezing, but also her heart and her insides felt like ice.

Kim Jisoo had just moved a few weeks ago, and being away from her parents and friends was surely not being an easy thing to her. She had moved to another city to study in her dream college, but as expected it had a price to be paid; living alone in a cold, new place was making the girl scared to death. Of course she was happy for having been lucky enough to enter the university she wanted to, and she felt incredibly thankful, but it's just that the sudden change was really unsettling and scary for her.

That morning, Jisoo had woken up with a feeling of emptiness. It was hard to adapt to this new lifestyle, to get used to waking up to a deafening silence when all of her life she had woken up to the sound of her mother making breakfast while talking loudly to her father, the sounds of some random tv show and the smell of pancakes filling the air. Jisoo let out a deep sigh as she got up, shivering from the cold. After going to the bathroom, she headed to the kitchen and went straight to the fridge, only to open the door and stare at an empty gallon of milk. At that moment, she missed the warm cappuccino her mother used to make, and she really felt like a little child again, unprotected and vulnerable. If you looked at her from afar, you'd say she's the type of girl that is strong and that things rarely get to her, but in reality, her heart was like butter.

While standing in the middle of the kitchen and thinking of what she could eat for breakfast, Jisoo suddenly remembered the coffee shop she passed by everyday on her way to the bus stop, and after some pondering she decided she'd have breakfast there; she was planning on going there someday anyway, since the place looked really nice and cozy. She changed into some comfy and warm clothes and headed out, feeling relieved when the sunlight hit her face. On her way to the coffee, she passed by her favorite tree, a cherry blossom, and for a moment Jisoo smiled as she watched its delicate pink leaves falling and coloring the street gracefully.

As soon as she pushed the door open and entered the place, Jisoo felt the warmness wash over her. The place was almost empty, and it looked beautiful with its peach colored walls and pastel pink details, a traditional korean song playing softly in the back and the smell of coffee and newly baked chocolate cake in the air. For the first time in weeks, Jisoo felt genuinely comforted.

She chose a place next to the window and examined the menu for a long time until she heard a soft cough coming from above.

"Excuse me, may I take you order?" A girl who Jisoo guessed to be the waitress asked.

The girl had long hair, and her eyes looked really innocent. Her voice had soothing and velvety tone, and she wore a pastel pink uniform, and Jisoo couldn't help but think that the girl really fit the place: she reminded her of hot chocolate on a winter day and warm, fluffy blankets.

"Oh. Oh, yes please," Jisoo stuttered, a little taken aback by the sudden appearance of the waitress. "I'd like a cappuccino with chocolate chips. And marshmallows too. Hm... also, a chocolate pancake please."

"Noted." The girl said, smiling a bit as she wrote down in her little notepad. "Anything else?"

"That's all." Jisoo said, returning the smile after reading the girls' name tag. Chaeyoung.

"Name for the order?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh, it's Jisoo." She replied.

"Ok! I'll be right back." Chaeyoung said with a gentle smile. "If you need anything, just ask for a girl named Chaeyoung."