the forbidden journal || jensoo

Jennie's never gotten to see anything that Jisoo writes, or draws, or whatever she does on the pages on the worn leather book, but she knows that whatever is in there must be of great importance. Jisoo is fiercely protective of a lot of things in her life, but she's never seen Jisoo snap as quickly as she will whenever someone tries to see what's inside those pages.

-

Jennie knows that there are probably not many people in the world who feel at home in a hotel room, but after the past three years that she's had, that's exactly how she feels whenever she steps into a four hundred square foot space.

She likes it because no matter where she is, the rooms all seem similar enough, down to the plain white sheets and towels. The only constants in her life seem to always be inside the walls of these rooms. Her favorite constant of all is the fact that no matter what, Kim Jisoo is bound to be sitting on the bed opposite hers, scribbling in her journal.

She's never gotten to see anything that Jisoo writes, or draws, or whatever she does on the pages on the worn leather book, but she knows that whatever is in there must be of great importance. Jisoo is fiercely protective of a lot of things in her life, but she's never seen Jisoo snap as quickly as she will whenever someone tries to see what's inside those pages.

Jennie gave up trying a long time ago, but it doesn't mean she hasn't remained curious. She thinks that if she had one wish in life, it would probably be to read that damn journal. But then again, it's probably just recaps of the time Jisoo has spent with her various boyfriends over the years, and if that is the case, Jennie would rather read through literally anything but that.

It's not that Jennie always hates Jisoo's revolving door of guys, they aren't always that bad, it's just that she's been in love with her best friend ever since she can remember.

Best Friend. Bandmate. Coworker. There are a lot of things Jennie can call Jisoo, but she never thinks any of them sound right.

•••

"Jendeuk, come out here and sit with me," Jisoo's raspy voice murmurs from the balcony.

They're somewhere in Japan today, after finishing their fourth show in a row. Tomorrow is a day off, finally.

"No," the younger girl replies, still perched on her bed inside the room, "It's too cold, Chu."

"Come on, just come out here."

Jennie ignores the older girl and continues to read. When she glances towards the balcony out of the corner of her eye, she sees Jisoo sigh before entering the room once more and sitting down next to the younger girl.

"I was lonely out there you know."

"I told you, it was too cold." Jennie replies.

Jisoo leans her head against Jennie's shoulder, "Yeah, but I wanted to be with you."

If Jennie had a journal, she knows she would write about these moments, but she knows that this probably won't make it into Jisoo's. Jennie doubts that she ever makes it into that journal.

•••

When Jennie turns eighteen, Irene throws her the most perfect party she could ever ask for.

She wishes all of her members were there, but they have always tried not to communicate during their breaks, no matter how small, so that they all have time to spend with the people they don't see very often.

By the end of the night, Jennie is significantly buzzed but she still manages to pull Irene aside for a moment.

"Look, the cakes, all of the food, the drinks, please let me pay you back for some of this," Jennie giggles, trying to throw some cash into Irene's hands.