the best things come in small packages || lisoo

Jisoo is concerned about her height while dating Lisa. Lisa makes sure that's never a problem again.

-

She had asked Jisoo to be her girlfriend exactly six months ago today and she felt it was time to move forward in their relationship: today was the day that Lisa was going to propose. Being friends since forever, they already agreed that they weren't going to need very long to make that step.

Lisa was extremely excited to take a knee for Jisoo and go through the motions to become her wife; nothing could ruin that. Not even the minor breakdown Jisoo was having over her height. Again.

"I thought we settled this in middle school, Chu. Even though you're short, you're fierce. More fierce than any other girlfriend I've had in the past. Though, you might not be as fierce as Hanbin."

Jisoo groaned at the mention of Lisa's first boyfriend, she loved him to death but this just wasn't the time. The two had dated for a year and two and a half months before they decided to split up. Hanbin had finally gathered enough courage to tell Lisa that he wasn't into her, or any girl for that matter, when she beat him to it.

It was a Monday morning, before either had a class when he sat down on the couch in their apartment and she blurted: "I'm bisexual. And while that does mean I could like you, I don't. I like someone else."

"You're breaking up with me?" Hanbin snorted before saying, "I was going to break up with you, because I'm finally okay with the fact that I'm gay. Like Elton John gay."

The two laughed and talked about what they were going to do with all the options available. Hanbin wanted to ask his longtime crush, Bobby, out on a date. And since Bobby had also recently broken up with his girlfriend, Hanbin took this as his window of opportunity to finally buck up and ask. They got together soon after. They dated for a year before Lisa finally got the nerve to ask her best friend out.

Jisoo had been nervous because all of Lisa's girlfriends in the previous year had been taller than Jisoo, extremely gorgeous, and did she mention taller than her? They had settled it when they started dating, but it was once again an issue.

"Lis, I'm serious," Jisoo whined, breaking Lisa out of her reminiscing daydream. "You've only dated tall guys and girls. I'm short and I feel insecure about it; what if I'm not enough."

Lisa sighed and pulled Jisoo into a hug, "I'm being serious when I say that you are enough. Actually no," Jisoo jerked back and Lisa corrected herself, "You are more than enough, more than I deserve. I know you worry, but I have this incredible night planned. If you want to stay in and talk about your anxieties about dating me, again. Then I will. Because I love you. But if you want to go out and go through with this date night, maybe you'd forget all about your worries."

Lisa held Jisoo back, hands still on her shoulders, and gave her a grin. Jisoo sighed and plastered on a smile, "Okay. We can go. But I want to talk about this later."

Lisa jumped up and down, squealing slightly. She pulled her close and muttered softly in her ear, "Get dressed in something hot. Like burning."

Jisoo turned towards her girlfriend, smirking, "Don't I always?"

"Don't tease me, Kim Jisoo." Lisa quickly pushed Jisoo towards their joint closet and turned around to their bathroom to get ready herself.

Jisoo was done half an hour later. She was wearing a red skin-tight dress that came down half an inch below her fingertips; it had a slight cut in the front, exposing a fair amount of cleavage. With it, she wore five inch black heels with a peekaboo heel. Her makeup was gorgeous with a light smokey eye and winged liner. She had a little mascara on and a lipstick that matched the dress.