froyo? || jenlisa

Lisa, a famous heartbroken photographer, gets lost while walking on the streets of New York (taking pictures of course) and bumps into Jennie, a famous cook who mends Lisa's heart and falls for her. Things get complicated when Lisa met Jungkook and Jennie meets Taehyung.

-

Black & White. Nothing else.
That's how I take my photographs now, because I've just realized that there's not really anything in the world that has true color, not even through filters. You come into the world, live a meaningless life and leave just when you get to the good part. Just like people in relationships. They come into your life, blindside you, knock you off your feet, make you fall for them, and simply leave you alone in the dark in your weakest moment because they simply think it isn't worth it. That you aren't worth it. And maybe, just maybe, it's the truth. Maybe I'm not worth it.

I am tired of this place, I hope people change
I need time to replace what I gave away

I rub at my eyes and shove my camera back into its pouch. Somehow my clients want street photographs and to be honest I don't get why I'm even known throughout the industry. I've stopped having people model for me ever since It happened, and people eat it up even more. Nothing's my best work anymore in my opinion - it's just black and white, black and white. And shades of gray.

My friends say that I've faded into a faded replica of the person I was before. But don't people expect that from artists? To be all broody, dark, things like that.

I'm not trying to live up to everyone's standards. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of people walking out of my life like I mean absolutely nothing.

My pictures are meaningless too. They're of people running past me at rush hour, trying to get to work on time. Faces blurred, out of focus; spray paint on walls, going on and on. BROKEN. INSANE. BRING ON THE MADNESS.

But my clients like my work and that's all that matters. And that's exactly why I'm standing here, in the Big Apple of all places, with skyscrapers towering all around me as I look around consciously. I don't belong, the girl with the dyed dirty blonde hair and concealed camera standing amidst a sea of rushing people and unknown features. I do not belong.

I'm a black cloud standing out amongst a tide of sweaty faces and bright clothes. And even though I don't fit in, I'm swept away by the wave of hurriedness, of adrenaline, of excitement. Passing by a park, I snap a few shots of a homeless man that I will surely delete later. He raises his head and waves a fist at me, screaming at me to fuck off.

I do. Afraid that he will somehow come after me, I take off, my camera thumping against my leg as I push past several pedestrians. Through the winding alleys, the wide streets.

And it's not long before I realize that I'm lost.
And the first thing you do when you're lost is to ask for help like a normal person who belongs. So, as a Normal Person Who Fits In, I turn to the nearest person and tap her shoulder, planning to ask for directions back to my hotel. But, I haven't even gotten a word in before she shoves me hard with her shoulder unintentionally and hurries off. The question dies in my mouth as I stare at her retreating figure, and I drop my hand to my side.
These people are busier than I thought.

"Hey, you lost?"

I turn around to say yes, but the words die in my throat once again because the person in front of me is well, attractive to say the least. But her brown hair, straight nose and brown eyes remind me of her and I won't let anybody remind me of her.

So, I avert my gaze and stare at the ground. Even though her eyes remind me of the soft filter I used to always put on my photos before she left me.

Aside from the fact that she looks like my ex, there's something familiar about her that I can't put my finger on.