Chapter 3: Is someone watching me?

"I'll only be gone for a few hours. If there's an emergency, you can call my cell. My number's on the fridge, um...if you leave the house at all please leave a note, or something, just to let me know where you've gone. Don't get lost. If you do get lost, make sure you have my number so you can-"

"Calum, relax. I'm not a little kid, I can handle myself." I reassured him, putting two hands on his shoulders to stop his babbling.

"I know, I'm just...making sure-"

"I'll be fine, Calum. Now go. The sooner you get back, the sooner we can go shopping and get some food." I said, pushing his gently out the door with a playful smile.

He rolled his eyes, but listened to me as he walked down the driveway towards his car.

I shut the door when I heard the engine start, and saw Calum's car slowly pull out of the driveway.

I leaned against the closed door, looking around at the empty house and realizing,

I have absolutely nothing to do.

I got through about an hour, trying to think of things to do without leaving the house. The only reason I didn't want to leave the house was because one: I didn't have any money, and two: I still don't know the town that well and specifically told me not to get lost.

However, he did say if I left, I had to leave a note. So, that's exactly what I did when I got bored of counting how many dirty socks I can find around the house.

'Calum, I went out for a bit. I'm not sure where I'm going, and I'm not exactly sure when I'll be back. I'll try to be back before you do, but if you're reading this it's obvious I'm still gone.

-Luke'

After I wrote the letter, grimmacing at my horrid handwriting, I put on a pair of shoes and left the house, closing the door behind me.

*

After about ten minutes of walking, I came across a small park. Something Michael hadn't shown me on our little tour of the town.

Not knowing what else to do, I just started walking around the gravel jogging path that circled around the whole park.

I soon realized how hot it was. There were absolutely no clouds in the sky, and the sun was shinning bright as ever. And of course, today I chose to wear a black T-shirt.

By the time I found a water fountain, I was slightly sweating, and felt like I was dying of thirst.

Okay, I might have been over exaggerating a little.

I pressed the button, and leaning down to drink the water. As I was drinking though, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.

A pair of boots. A pair of boots that belonged to a person standing a short distance away from me. They were just standing there. By the way their feet were positioned it looked like they were....watching me?

My curiosity got the better of me, and I turned around.

When I turned around, the person with the boots was gone. All I saw was a person with a grey hoodie pulled over their head, walking away.

Strange.

*

"Okay, now all we need is milk." Calum said, pushing the shopping cart down the aisle towards the section where the milk was.

Calum grabbed two gallons of milk, putting them in the cart. As he was doing that, my mind drifted off, and I just looked around the store.

Something caught my eye in the aisle next to ours. The only thing I could see was someone's golden curly hair. There was nothing special about it, but as they walked pass there was a certain feeling inside of me that I can't describe.

"Luke!" Calum said loudly, waving a hand in front of my face.

"You blanked out for a second there." He said, looking concerned.

"Oh, I did?"

"Yeah...are you alright? What were you thinking about?" He asked, and for a moment I considered telling him about the strange person wearing the boots, and the boy with the curly blonde hair, but then, I went against it, and said,

"It was nothing," I shook my head, "I'm fine."

-*-*-*-

Third Person P.O.V.

Michael returned to his shared two-bedroom house around 7, as usual.

He kicked his shoes off and slammed the door behind him as we walked into the house.

"Honey, I'm home!" He shouted, smirking because he knew it would annoy his roommate.

"Save your sweet talk for Calum!" Ashton shouted back, and Michael's smirk faded.

"Hey, I don't like him like that." Michael protested as Ashton entered the room.

"Yeah, you do-"

"Okay, well he doesn't like me then. We're just friends-"

"Then why did he buy you that special shampoo?" Ashton teased, crossing his arms over his chest.

"He thinks I'm going bald." Michael said, rolling his eyes.

"That's because you are." He pointed at Michael's head.

Michael glared at him. "Hey!" He yelled, Ashton just started laughing.

"Anyway...did you buy food?" Michael asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I went to the store today."

"Good, I'm starving."

__________

Kind of fillers at first, but like I said, each of them will hold something important.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, please leave a like and COMMENT

I love you all