Chapter 23: You want a drink?

Luke's P.O.V.

___________

"So, why'd you leave anyway?" Alexis asked, shutting the door to her and Rebecca's small apartment.

"Calum and Michael..." I started, then stopped. "Do you know who they are?"

"Uh...no." She said, kicking off her shoes in the middle of the carpet.

"Well, they're my two friends. I'm living with Calum right now, and Michael lives with Ashton. Calum and Michael are together."

"Yay, more gay love. What this world needs." she said, and I gave a small chuckle.

"Alright, so, basically they were just treating me like a...like, a child. They got mad at me for staying out past my 'curfew'," I made air quotes with my hands, "which I don't really have. I just told them I should be back before seven. So what if I stay out a little later? I mean, I know I should have called and told them but, they didn't have to get so parental about it. Not only that, but when I did tell them where I was, they didn't believe me."

"Why?" She asked, a confused look on her face.

I shrugged, "I don't know. Michael just started getting mad, telling me there's no way Rebecca would forgive me. It was just...it felt like they didn't trust me. Which made me feel even more like a child."

"I can see why you left." She said, walking into what I assume is the kitchen.

I heard a cabinet door creak open, "You want something to drink?" She asked.

"Um, do you have water...?"

"No, I meant, do you want something to drink. As in, Vodka, beer, little bit of wine..."

"Oh, I don't- are you sure?" I asked, hesitant. I thought back to how Michael had admitted he and Calum thought I had gone and got drunk.

She shrugged. "What better way to deal with your problems than to forget all about them?" She asked, taking out the vodka bottle with a small smirk.

The last thing I want to do is forget any more, I thought to myself, but the thought sure is tempting.

"It's your choice." she told me, tipping back her head to take a gulp of the bottle.

Tempting, I thought again, before saying,

"Hand me that."

*

"I'm mad." I stated out of nowhere, finishing off my eleventeenth beer. Or, somewhere close to that number. I'm not sure anymore.

"Oh nooooo," Giggled Alexis, "Why?" She asked. It was weird seeing her act like this, all giggly and happy and smiley. Nothing like sober Alexis.

"Ashton isn't here. He said he was going to come back in a week, but he didn't. Now he's staying two weeks. I'm mad...and sad. I want him here." I said, hugging myself and cradling my empty beer bottle.

"Aw, poor Lukey." She giggled again, and leaned over to pinch my cheek.

I slapped her hand away, which ended up being nothing more than a slight tap, and scrunched my nose.

"Don't touch me. I don't want your girl germs." I said.

"Too bad. You already got them when you drank out of my bottle." She pointed out, motioning to the bottle, which was really on the other side of the room.

Man, we really were wasted.

"I wanna talk to himmmm. I should call him. You know what? I'm gonna call him. I am." I must have repeated the same thing three times before finally finding my phone, which was in my pocket, and somehow dialing the number as if I knew it by heart.