Chapter 34: Anything new?

Third Person P.O.V.

Warning: I don't know basically anything about hospitals or especially spychiatric wards or doctors or anything like that. So don't expect this to be completely accurate or anything.

Btw, some words may be censored in fear of this being rated R. Sorry if it annoys you, it annoys me too, but oh well.

Also...(sorry, last one I swear)...this chapter may be a little confusing. It takes place within different times, but they all go in order. For example one part might be during one time, and the next part might be one week later. This is only to show how each and every one of them are doing as the time passes on. This chapter will probably be one of the most important fillers.

_________________

(Two weeks later....)

"Anything new? How is he?" Calum asked the doctor. It had been two weeks since Luke was admitted to the hospital. He was finally allowed visiters now, but he didn't accept any of them. So instead of talking to Luke on visiting days, Calum spoke to Luke's doctor.

"Not much has changed. He's still refusing to eat, or speak. He hasn't said a word since he got here. He gets nightmares daily, which has resulted in a lack of sleep. He isn't doing so good, but of course we'll do the best we can to help him get better." The doctor responded.

"Okay, thank you." Calum said, and left the hospital with a frown on his face, losing some of the small amount of hope he had left.

***

(Sixteen days later...I month of Luke being in the hospital)

It wasn't a visiting day, which made Calum extra anxious as he walked down the hallway towards the reception room. Luke's doctor had called Calum in, saying there was something important he had to tell him, which didn't help to calm Calum's nerves.

Different possibilities flooded Calum's mind as to what might have happened. None of them were good. Calum's hands and legs were shaking, and he could barely stand when his name was finally called, and he found Doctor Anderson waiting for him by the door.

The doctor lead him to a private room, that contained nothing but two chairs, and a desk.

"I suggest you sit down, " the doctor said with a solemn expression.

Calum opened his mouth to speak, most likely to ask if Luke was okay, but the other man spoke before Calum had a chance to.

"Luke is fine, before you ask," The doctor started off with, then continued. "Every Monday and Thursday, I bring Luke into this room for a one-on-one session. Just to talk to him, if he decides to talk, or just to tell him about...anything, basically. What I wanted to talk to you about, was something Luke told me last session."

Calum nearly gasped, just from the fact that Luke actually said something. Which means Luke talked. He talked, which must mean he's getting better, right?

"He told me not to tell you this, but I felt it's something you need to know."

"What is it?" Calum asked cautiously, not sure if he wants to know the answer.

"Luke told me, that eight months ago...he was r'aped."

A choked gasp was heard, and Calum's hands instantly flew up to his mouth to try to cover it.

Doctor Anderson had expected Calum's reaction, and went on, knowing he had to finish the rest of what he wanted to say.

"He didn't put it that way, though. Luke had forced himself to believe it was his fault, and he had let it happen. He told me his hands had been tied to the bedposts, and she had forced herself on him. He told me she thought of it as a game. Whoever could endure more pain, wins. While she forced herself on him, he told me she used a knife to cause pain to him, cutting deeper each time she pained herself. The scars on Luke's side had not been a suicide attempt, she had given them to him."