Chapter 21: You found someone else?

Luke's P.O.V.

__________________

"What do you mean he's staying another week?!"

"He just wants to spend more time with his family, Luke." Michael tried explaining to me.

"You honestly believed that? He's doing this to get away from me, I know it. Damn, I should just call him, shouldn't I? I'm going to, " I said, pulling out my phone.

"Luke, he's not going to answer. Just like he didn't the last thirty-six times you've tried." Calum said lifting his head off Michael's shoulder. The two have gotten a lot more cuddlier now that they've told me they're together. Sometimes the amount of PDA they showed was disgusting, but Ashton wasn't here for me to talk to, so I was stuck being the third wheel.

"See? He's ignoring me. If he wasn't, I'm sure he would have answered at least once."

"Or....he's busy spending time with his family just like he said." Michael pointed out.

I sighed, falling down onto the couch.

"I just want him to come back already. He said it was only going to be a week. Now it's been nine days, and he'll still be gone for another five. I just want to apologize to him. I'd even do it over the phone. I don't care anymore. I just want him to know I'm sorry but, he won't answer his damn phone." I said, and I almost wanted to throw my phone across the room, but ever since I'd remembered I promised myself that I would never do that again. I'd fight the urge to throw, hit, or punch anything. I didn't want to risk someone getting hurt again.

"I know it's hard for you, Luke, but think of how he must be feeling. You can't blame him for wanting a break for a little bit."

I didn't respond, just got up, walked to the door, and said,

"I'm going out for a little bit. I'm not sure where I'm going, or when I'll be back, but I promise I'll be back before seven. See ya." I said, and ignored Calum's voice telling me to be careful, and left.

***

I wasn't lying to them when I said I had no idea where I was going.

Somehow, though, I found myself in front of the brick building. The reception hall. The one that the party was at. The one that held the one thing I just couldn't seem to remember.

I'd gotten a lot of my memory back over the last couple days. All small things, like my thirtheenth birthday party. My favorite Nirvana song. My parents' middle names. My first dog's name, stuff like that.

Nothing about Ashton, though.

Nothing about the party.

It's funny how I remember everything, except what I want to know.

I stared at the building in front of me. Waiting for...something. Anything to give me a clue as to what happened, exactly.

Yet, as I stared at the brick building for more than twenty minutes, nothing happened. I saw no blurry images, no flashbacks, nothing.

So, I kept walking.

Somehow, I found myself at a small cafe in an older part of SandBay. There were a bunch of little shops lined up next to one another, all looking out at the lake that was across the road. I'm not even sure exactly where I am, but luckily I remembered to bring my phone, so I can call Calum or Michael if I need to.

I entered the cafe. Just because I was getting a bit hungry. I tried to tell myself that, to ignore the feeling like I had to go in there.

I walked up to the counter, waiting in line behind the woman in front of me. I think I'll just get a coffee, and maybe something small to eat. I haven't been that hungry lately with so much on my mind. Michael and Calum have had to remind me several times that I need to eat something.