Chapter 12: Do you like it?

Luke's P.O.V.

Today is Tuesday.

Tuesday.

Do you know what that means?

I do.

Because today...

Ashton's....

taking me.....

on....

a......

date.

I'm such a teenage girl.

"Why are you in such a good mood?" Calum asked during breakfast.

"It just- it feels like a good day." I said, trying to contain my smile, which proved to be nearly impossible.

I honestly don't know why I'm so excited. It's just a date. With Ashton though...he makes me feel so much more like myself. He makes me want to act a completely different, he makes me want to make him smile, make him laugh. Because his laugh is the best goddamn thing I've ever heard.

Calum gave me a strange look, but just shrugged it off, and put his empty bowl in the sink.

"So, what are you doing today?" He asked me, and I focused my gaze onto my cereal.

"Uh...nothing." I said.

"Uh huh, sure." Calum rolled his eyes at me, but sent me a small smile.

Suddenly, Calum's phone started ringing, and he went into the other room to answer it.

I finished my cereal, and tried to think of things to do to keep my mind busy while I was waiting for 5:00 to arrive.

I ended up taking Ashley for a walk, and went to the same cafe where I went with her before. I ordered the same thing I did last time, and spent most of my time trying to keep her from jumping on my lap.

On the way back, we were crossing the bridge when I started to see things.

Pictures. Blurry snapshots of the dream I had some days ago. The dream I believed was a memory.

I looked at the empty bridge, and I could picture a silver car swerving to the side. I could see the glowing eyes of the deer. The sky seemed to shift from day to night, and I felt myself get dizzy when I saw myself, scratched and bloody jump out of the car before it fell off the edge.

Ashley barked once, and the pictures ended. I suddenly felt really light-headed, and quickly walked home before I passed out.

***

When I got back, I nearly collapsed on the couch, and Calum asked me what was wrong.

So I told him, and he said,

"Here, drink some water. You might be dehydrated or something." He said, handing me a cold glass of water.

"But I saw the same thing in my dream, except, in a different point of view."

"Maybe it was a flashback then." He suggested, turning of the tv. "You should probably rest, you don't look so good."

I checked my phone, it was around noon. I had a few more hours until Ashton got here.

"Yeah, okay." I said, and pulled the small, but soft, blanket over me that we kept on the couch.

He kept on the couch, I mean. Sometimes I forget that I don't really live here, and that it's only temporary.

Pushing that thought away, I closed my eyes, and soon drifted off into the land of dreams.

*