Chapter 31: You're here?

Third Person P.O.V.
___________________

"That's it, I'm calling someone."

"Calum, Calum, wait. We should talk about this first-" Michael stood in front of Calum, blocking him from getting to the phone.

"We've tried talking about it, Michael! Obviously that hasn't worked!"

"Think about it! Do you really think he wants to go back there? If he won't even talk to us, what makes you think he'll want to talk to one of those doctors?" Michael yelled back, which was strange. The two of them had hardly ever yelled or fought with each within the entire time they've known each other.

"What he wants? Obviously he just wants to stay in his room until he starves himself to death! We're past giving him what he wants, I'm talking about what he needs, Michael! He needs some type of therapy, or something. He needs professional help because we obviously have no idea what we're doing. He might not want to at first, but trust me, this is what he needs."

Michael just looked down, nodding. He stepped to the side, letting Calum walk around him to get to the phone.

When he heard Calum was distracted with speaking to a person on the other end of the line, Michael pulled out his own phone and dialled the number he hasn't called in months.

If there's anyone that can help, Michael thought, it's him.

He answered on the first ring.

"Wha-"

"If you care about him at all then you'll fly your ass over here right now. I don't care if your do or don't or why, I just suggest you fix this mess you made or say goodbye in case you never see him again. This is your last chance."

"Wait, Michael what-"

Michael hung up, only saying what he needed to say. He knew Ashton, and he knew Luke. And if there's anything he knows it's that Luke and Ashton make each other happy. They know it too, but Ashton was too afraid to let it happen, and Luke wanted it to happen, but Ashton had ran away.

Michael still had no clue as to what had gone wrong with Luke, but it was his guess that it had something to do with Ashton. He knew Ashton coming back wouldn't solve everything, but he had a pretty strong feeling that it would at least help.

Maybe Ashton could get Luke to talk. Maybe Ashton will encourage Luke to want to get better.

Michael's mind was filled with 'maybes' and 'what ifs', and he wasn't sure if any of them were going to happen, but he figured it was worth a shot.

"We give him one day." Calum said suddenly, startling Michael.

Michael turned around to see Calum standing in front of him, the phone still in his hand, but not against his ear.

"We give him one more day, and if he's still not out, I'm calling the hospital." Calum stated, explaining.

"You didn't call?" Michael asked, confused.

"I did, but then I heard you talking to Ashton..." Michael froze for a second, not sure what Calum was going to say next. "...I figured, if he is going to come, it's going to take him some time to get here. Maybe it's best... to wait. But if he's not here within twenty-four hours, I'm calling."

Michael nearly sighed in relief, but he couldn't help the smile that had made its way to his face. He was glad that Calum had chosen to compromize with him, and he knew then that even if Ashton didn't show up, at least they can still try to get Luke what he needs.

Michael took a step forward, closing up the space between him and Calum, and pulled the other boy in a hug. He wrapped his arms around his shoulders, and Calum responded by wrapping his arms around Michael's waist.