Epilogue

Luke's P.O.V.

________________

"So, what do you think?" I asked, removing my hands from in front of his eyes.

"I...Luke...it's amazing," He said, kissing my cheek sweetly before taking a step further into the apartment.

"Wow," he gasped as he saw our new kitchen. I followed him into the room, watching as he slid his hand over the countertop.

"I almost can't believe we're actually here," I said, looking around.

"I still can't believe it," he turned around to kiss me on the lips. It was short, just a tap, but still as loving as all the other.

Before we could go any further, both into the house and the kiss, we heard the door open.

"Child delivery," Calum called as he walked into the house, our little boy in his arms, and Brynlee walking by his side.

"Dads!" Bryn squealed, abandoning Calum's side and running up to hug both Ashton and I's legs.

"Hey sweetheart, " Ashton smiled down at her, and picked her up when she outstretched her arms, telling him she wanted to be held.

"Thank you, for everything," I said to Calum, taking the half-asleep Fletcher from his arms.

He simply waved it off, saying, "I'm happy to help. Michael likes taking care of them. Besides, we're finally here. California," Calum sighed in disbelief, looking around as if to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

After I had proposed to Ashton, (to which he said 'yes, of course'), we realized the state we live in doesn't allow gay marriage, so we decided we'd have to move eventually. We couldn't at the time, because 1: the kids were way too young to move them across the country, and 2: we didn't have enough money.

So, three jobs, two sold houses, lots of research, packing, saving, and one year later, we're finally here.

Calum forbid letting me leave, without him at least. He and Michael both concluded they just had to come with us because 1: apparently Ashton and I are definitely not able to take care of two children on our own, which was probably true, 2: the small town was boring and dull as it is, so the two of them would just not be able to survive without their two best friends, and 3: Calum didn't say this, but I knew another reason they wanted to come with was because they planned on getting married too sometime in the future.

We moved to a smaller city just outside of San Francisco. We bought a small two bedroom apartment, and Calum and Michael purchased the only other apartment for sale in the same building, which was only one bedroom, but it was all they needed.

*

As Fletcher and Brynlee grew older, their differences starting becoming more and more obvious.

Bryn is friendly, outgoing, loud, and blunt. Ever since she learned how to talk, she always said whatever was on her mind. She never stopped talking, but Ashton and I learned how to live with it. Sometimes we wondered how one child could have that many words to say.

Fletcher, however, is almost mute compared to his sister. He barely ever said anything and when he did they were whispered, stuttered, and barely audible. Almost like he was afraid to speak. They were such opposites I often thought if Alexis and I were really that different. Fletcher is shy, but also polite, he's also quite clumsy awkward, which he probably gets from me.

By the time they were two, Ashton and I decided, it was finally time for us to get married.

*

"Calum, I'm nervous."