Chapter 8: Where are we going?

I had a dream last night.

I don't think it was really a dream, though.

It felt so real...it felt like, a memory.

***

I'm driving.

My vision's blurry, but I wasn't sure whether it was from the rain outside, or my tears.

I'm crying.

I don't know why, all I know is I have this intense desire to get where I want to go.

I need to get there.

But where?

I keep driving.

I have to get there. I need to tell 'someone' something really important. I don't know who it is, or what I have to tell them, all I know is, I need to get there.

Before it's too late.

Through the windshield, and the rain, I see the bridge. I'm getting closer. I'm almost there.

It's dark out. I have my headlights on. Unfortunately, deers don't have headlights, so I didn't see it  until after it was already too late.

I tried stopping, but it was raining too hard, and the bridge was slick. The car spun out of control, and crashed into the side of the bridge.

It tore right through the railing, and the car had stayed on the bridge long enough for me to unbuckle my seatbelt, and jump out of the car.

Just as soon as I had landed on the concrete, the car had leaned forward, and crashed into the water.

I stood up, my head dizzy and tears still streaming down my face. Or maybe it was the rain. I couldn't tell the difference.

My head hurt, I put a hand up to it, and hissed in pain. I looked at my hand, it was covered in red.

I had to get help, I said to himself.

I was in a rush, so I had left my phone at home. It wouldn't have made a difference anyway, with this much rain I'd never get it to work.

I walked off the bridge, but only made it three more steps on the road until I couldn't move anymore, and collapsed onto the pavement.

***

So now I knew why I had crashed. But...who was I in such a hurry to get to? And what did I need to tell them?

***

When I woke up from the 'dream', I had told Calum how I crashed. I told him there was a deer, it was raining and I spun out of control. However, I left out the part about having to tell someone something. For some reason I had the feeling he wouldn't know about that.

After having that dream, I started becoming more hopeful.

Maybe I'll start having more of these dreams. Maybe I won't have to wait for Ashton to tell me what happened. Maybe I'll find out more about myself.

There were a bunch of maybes, but maybe was better than nothing.

***

It was now three days later. Michael still hadn't come back. Calum said he saw him at work, and Michael had started texting Calum again.

But, he still hasn't come back to see me.

Which means....he's still pissed at me.

Calum says he's just looking out for Ashton, which I believed for the first couple days.