Chapter 22: Where were you?

"What? What is it?" I asked, looking in confusion at Michael's and Calum's mixed expressions.

Calum walked over to me, and pulled me into a hug. I became even more confused.

Then, he pulled away, and punched my shoulder. He didn't hit me that hard, but the shock made it feel like it hurt more than it did.

"Ow! What the fuck was that f-"

"Where have you been all day? You've had me worried sick trying to find you! I called thirty seven times, you never answered. We went searching all across town, and couldn't find you. Then we even started looking in Sandbay. Never found you. Where the fuck were you?!" He yelled, and I was still just as confused until the realization dawned on me.

I never told them where I was.

Then, I also remembered I had told them I'd be back before seven, and now it's nearly nine o' clock.

"I- I was...out." I said slowly, not knowing what to say.

"No shit."

"I was with..." I was having a mental conflict with myself in my head. I could tell him, and possibly have him freak out. Or...I could not tell him, and have him yell at me even more. Either one wouldn't involve him calming down, so I guess it I better just tell him.

"You were with someone?" He asked, looking shocked, "Who? Who was it?"

"I was...with..." Should I say it? How will he react? I probably shouldn't. I shouldn't tell him. I should just make something up, that's what I'll do.

"Luke...quit stalling. Tell us." Michael finally spoke up.

"I um...I ran into Rebecca. We met at this cafe, and she apologized to me. I spent the rest of the day with her and her new girlfriend, Alexis. We ate dinner and lost track of time, I'm sorry." By the end of my sentence, I couldn't breathe. I barely had any space between each word. I blurted out all my sentences, purposely making it harder to understand.

Michael's expression hardened, and he crossed his arms over his chest, his eyebrows furrowing.

Calum's expression did the opposite. He became confused, worried, and a little nervous looking.

"Are you...are you serious?" Calum asked, causing Michael to scoff.

"Of course not. He's lying. Tell us the truth, Luke. Where were you? Were you drinking? Are you drunk?" Michael fired questions at me.

"What? No! I'm telling the truth! I saw Rebecca! We made up, we're friends now! She lives a couple towns over, she works at a bar at night. I'm not lying! She told me! She talked to me!"

Calum took a step forward, "I think you need to rest, Luke-"

"Why don't you believe me?!" I shouted, taking a step back.

"Because Luke its- its just not believable. What are the chances of you seeing her, in a completely different city-"

"She lives there with her girlfriend. It's where they met."

"Well then what are the chances of her being a lesbian-"

"What are the chances of me being gay or bi?"

"What are the chances of her forgiving you, then? I think I'd be pretty upset if my fiance cheated on my a few weeks before the wedding."

"Actually, she thanked me. She said if we never called off the marriage, she would have never met Alexis, so there. Go any other rediculous things to try to prove?" I said in annoyance.