Chapter 39: Who was it?

Luke's P.O.V.

_____________

Waking up, I couldn't believe the dream I'd had.

It's hard to believe that after all this time I still had nightmares. I guess I knew that she would never really be gone from my mind.

I switched sides, turning over and reaching for Ashton to snuggled closer to, but as my hand skimmed the sheets I felt something else instead. A hand. A tiny hand. A hand that definitely did not belong to my abnormally-large-sized-hands boyfriend.

My eyes snapped open, and there, on the bed, was a tiny baby girl.

It wasn't a dream.

My eyes then moved from the little girl, to the sleeping boy right next to her, then to the beautiful eyes of my boyfriend, watching me intently.

"Good morning." He giggled softly, smiling at me.

I was glad he able to smile. I, however, couldn't.

"I can't believe this happened," I whispered to him, staring down at them.

"Hey," He tilted my chin towards him with his fingers, making me look at him, "I love you, remember? We'll do this together. I doesn't matter what happened, all that matters is that they're here now and we're going to do the best we can to take care of them."

"Okay, " was all I could say, shifting my gaze back at the two who were still asleep.

We both stared at the two of them for a few seconds, before Ashton said,

"I can already tell they're going to look like you," he said, smiling at me, and this time I attempted to smile back.

"How?" I asked, confused.

"I can see it. Look, he has your nose," Ashton said, looking at him then lifting his hand up to tap my nose. He giggled, and my smile became more real then.

"And I bet she's going to grow tall like you." He moved his hand down to rub my thighs.

"I wish I could see their eyes," He said, moving his hand back up to my face, which was a good idea since I couldn't exactly make out with him with two children on the bed, "I bet at least one of them has beautiful blue eyes like yours." He brushed his thumb over the top of my eyelid, and I close my eyes at the tender touch.

Ashton looked at them, studying their characteristics a few more seconds before asking, "Luke?"

"Yeah?" I responded, opening my eyes again.

"You don't have to answer this but..who was it? I mean, just because his hair is dark, and Rebecca's hair is a dirty blonde color."

"Wait...you don't know?" I asked.

"No, I never asked because I figured you didn't want to talk about it, which I understand if you don't. We all thought it was better just to not bring it up."

"I...I never told you? I thought I'd said it at least once I....who did you think did it then?" I asked, shocked that after all this time I'd never mentioned to them her name.

"We...we all thought it was Rebecca." He admitted, shocking me as I realized I had never told them who it was.

"Oh- go- no. No no no, it was...her girlfriend. Alexis," I said, internally wincing at the mention of her name.

"Alexis? You-" he gasped, "Lexi? The girl you told me about when you were- fuck, Luke." He suddenly got out of the bed, scaring me as he started tugging at his hair, something he only does when he's stressed.