Chapter 36: You did all this?

Third Person P.O.V
(Two weeks later)
__________________

Luke wasn't fully healed, but he was definitely getting there.

The doctor had said Luke could go home, seeing how much he'd improved, but he'd still have to go back there weekly for his therapy sessions every Tuesday and Thursday.

As more time passed on, Ashton noticed Luke acting more and more like himself. He was becoming less distant. He was speaking much, much more. Ashton also happened to notice Luke had gotten some of his sass back, which he didn't know if that was either a curse or a blessing.

There were still some obvious changes, Ashton noticed too, but he had realized that change was part of life. People are going to change depending on how they adapt and what they've been through. Realizing that made getting along with Luke so much easier.

They weren't officially 'dating', though Calum and Michael would disagree. The two basically acted like a couple aside from kissing on the lips, and anything beyond that.

It wasn't that they didn't want to, because surely they both did. Ashton just didn't want to rush Luke into anything he wasn't ready for, knowing Luke has gotten a lot better, but wasn't fully mentally or emotionally healed yet.
The two did, however, kiss each other's cheeks and foreheads and neck and basically anything above the collarbone that wasn't lips. Though they didn't say it out loud, the two had mentally agreed that if they're going to do something as intimate as kissing, they want to make sure Luke is ready. Both of them knew if they were to kiss it would most likely lead to something more, or at least Ashton hoped it would.

The four of them were currently all pretty much living at Calum's house, since Michael had basically moved into Calum's room, and Ashton seemed to never want to leave Luke's side, not that Luke minded. The small two-bedroom house seemed to be getting a bit too crowded for Calum's liking, which mean basically anyone at all besides Michael. The four of them fit perfectly well there, with Michael staying in Calum's room, and Ashton staying with Luke, but there was never any alone time where it was just him and Michael.

So, one day, when the urge level to make out with his boyfriend on the kitchen table became too strong, Calum said,

"Hey, why isn't anyone living in your house?" He asked Ashton and Michael.

The two just shrugged, knowing the answer but not why Calum was asking.

"I'm justing saying, I mean, if you're still paying for the bills and stuff someone might as well stay there. Hey, we could do two and two. You know, like how it was before, except..." Calum made a gesture by holding onto Michael's arm, making what he was trying to say very obvious.

"Are you trying to get rid of us?" Ashton asked jokingly, a smirk on his lips.

"What? Pff, no....I just think, you know....it would work out better, two and two. Instead of cramming all four of us into one house and having the other be completely empty. Unless, you know, you want to keep paying for the house no one lives in." Calum said, trying to sound neutral on the situation.

"You're terrible at acting, Calum," Michael said, running a hand through the other boy's dark hair.
"Hey! I was just trying to suggest-"

"Luke and Ashton move out so we can have some more time to ourselves?" Michael asked rhetorically, a teasing tone in his voice.

Calum looked away, trying to his his blush. Ashton and Luke just laughed. Ashton turned to Luke and said,
"So, Luke, what do you say to living in a house together?" Ashton asked, his arm around the younger boy's shoulders.