Chapter 17: Are you alright?

+ Warnings on this chapter!! +

possible triggering, please take caution when reading.

I'm sorry in advance for any tears, feels, heart attacks, or dying you feel during this chapter.

_______

I was left with a strange feeling, after that.

The desperation I had had to see the apartment, was gone.

I am almost, scared now, to go see the other rooms. No one told me it was this bad. No one told me there'd be blood by the front door and in the bathroom. Nobody told me there'd be shattered glass on the floor.

Nobody told me there'd be a fist-sized hole the in hallway wall. No one told me there would be a bottle filled with colorful pills under the sink.

No one told me what to expect. No one warned me I'd find bottle after bottle of vodka and beer in my room. No one told me I'd find even more broken picture frames in both bedrooms.

No one told me about the voicemails left on my phone. No one told me what to expect when I listened to them.

From: mom

"Rebecca told me what you've done. I can't believe you'd be as stupid as to do something like that. You're a disappointment, and a disgrace, and I don't want you talking to our family anymore. I can't believe my son would commit such a horrible sin. We raised you better than this, Luke. Maybe someday you can learn from your mistake, but until then, we do not wish to see or speak to you anymore. Goodbye."

The next couple voicemails, were from Rebecca.

From: Rebecca

"Luke, I'm coming back on Tuesday to get the rest of my things. That's the only reason I'm coming back, and after that I will leave. Please don't be there between noon and five. If you are, just know that there is nothing you can do to get me to stay. I've made up my mind, we're done."

From: Rebecca

"Nevermind my last message, I've decided to send someone else."

From: Calum

"Hey, Luke. We haven't spoken since the party. How's it going? Are you alright man?"

The rest of them, were all from Ashton.

From: Ashton

"Hey...Luke. I get it, I know you're really mad at me. I fucked up, big time but...please. Just answer the phone. Even if it's just to tell me to fuck off, please just let me know you're alright."

From: Ashton

"Luke, please, tell me, are you okay?"

From: Ashton

"You don't even have to tell me, you can just tell Calum or something. Please, Luke. It's been five days, and no one's heard anything from you. Please, Luke, answer your phone."

From: Ashton

"Okay, I get it that you're mad at me. But could you at least answer my texts or something? Please just call me back to curse at me, or tell me how much of an asshole I am...anything. Please, I'm begging you. Just talk to me, Luke."

From: Ashton

"You're going to have to talk to me sooner or later. Please just answer the phone. Just once, then you'll never have to speak to me again."