Chapter 10: Are you okay?

Luke's P.O.V.

He sat on the couch, across from me.

He looked nervous. But less nervous, than scared.

Why was he scared?

"I-I'm Ashton. Ashton Irwin,"

"With two I's?" I asked as a joke, a small smile on my lips, remembering my question to Calum.

He laughed, and it was a beautiful sound. After that, he was instantly less nervous, I could tell by the way his hands weren't shaking anymore.

"Yeah. Two I's." He said, and he didn't know this, but I saw the smile he was trying to hide.

"How old are you?" I asked, starting with simple questions to ease the tension.

"I'm twenty-two, as of yesterday. You'll be twenty in eight days." He tells me.

"Really? Calum didn't tell me that." I said.

"Must have slipped his mind. That, or, he was planning on surprising you. Oops." He said, giving me a small smile.

"Yeah, oh well. Um...so, you work at the CD shop, right?"

"Thrift Disk? Yeah, it's a little run-down little resale CD shop. It's crummy pay, but I like seeing all the old albums people bring in. It's an old town, which means there's a lot of old stuff in it." He said, and I noticed his eyes light up when talking about albums and CDs.

"It seems like you like music then." I said, and there it was. His eyes lit up again.

"Oh, I love it. I don't think I'd be able to live without music." He said. "Sorry, I could go on about this forever. Next question?"

"Don't apologize. It's good to be excited about something you love." I told him, and I saw this look flash behind his eyes. It was one that I didn't recognize, or couldn't name.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked, his voice softer than it was before.

I shrugged, "Sure."

"Why are you interested in me? I told you I ruined your life, yet you still want to get to know me. Why?" He asked, his tone suddenly serious.

"Because..." I paused, trying to think of the words to say. "Because, if you were able to ruin my life, that means you must have been a pretty big part of it." I said, with a close-lipped smile at the end.

And just like that, his frown went away. Knowing I had made his smile return gave me a certain feeling, it wasn't like the one where I was having deja vu. This feeling was stronger, brighter, happier...I just can't explain it.

All I know is I want to make him smile like that again.

"Luke?" He asked, trying to contain the smile that was still on his face.

"Yeah?"

"Will you let me become a part of your life again?" He asked, again with the serious tone. I noticed when he spoke like that, his voice became slightly deeper, and his eyes almost looked like they had darkened a shade. Looking at his eyes, I noticed they were a bunch of different colors.

I snapped myself out of it. When I was looking in his eyes, I hadn't realized we had both moved closer. We were both now leaning over the coffee table seperating us, and it was then that I realized I still hadn't answered his question.

"Why do you think you're here?" I answered his question with a question, like the sassy bitch I am.

His smile widened.