Chapter 4: Who are you?

Luke's P.O.V.

The next day, Calum had to go to work again. Michael was supposed to be off today, but he had texted me earlier saying he was called in because another employee had been fired for stealing.

So, I had the house to myself, again.

If there was anything to do, I would have been happy. I liked being alone, it gave me time to think, to remember.

Its so hard trying to live while having no idea who I am.

I planned on going to the park again. It was quiet, and peaceful.

On the way there though, I recognized the CD shop Michael and I had passed during his tour.

And I, being the curious boy I am, stepped inside.

It was a small shop that smelled like new carpet. There were tons of CDs lining every rack. Some were old, some new. There were only two other people in here besides me.

I walked deeper inside, my eyes skimming the CDs stacked neatly on the shelves, until one caught my eye.

It was an All Time Low Album. The name sounded familiar, but that was the only thing I could say about it.

I went to put it back on the rack, but instead ended up dropping it.

I went down to pick it up, and at the same time another hand reached for it. Our hands brushed slightly, making my hand tingle for some reason.

"Sorry, here." The person said, picking it up and handing it to me.

"Thanks," I said, looking up. My eyes met theres, and the boy gasped.

"Luke." He breathed out, barely above a whisper.

I was confused. Especially when he pushed past me and rushed out of the shop.

I stood there for a second, shocked, before I quickly put the CD back on the shelf and then ran after the boy.

I ran outside, and saw him fast-walking down the sidewalk.

"Hey!" I called, running to catch up with him.

Once he heard me behind him, he started running, putting more distance between us.

While chasing after him, I noticed something. He was wearing boots. The same boots I had seen at the park.

And his hair. The same curly, dirty-blonde hair I saw at the store yesterday.

I knew who this boy was.

Yet, at the same time, I didn't.

"Wait! I just want to talk to you!" I yelled again.

Running even faster, I was finally able to catch up with him.

I grabbed his shoulder, making him stop running and turn to face me.

We were both panting, and I hadn't noticed I chased him nearly five blocks.

"Why won't you talk to me?" I asked him.

"Because you told me never to speak to you again."

"Why would I do that?" I was still as confused as ever.

"Because you hate me."

"Why?"

"Because I ruined your life."

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Oh, don't act like you don't know." He snapped, shrugging my hand off his shoulder.

"I'm not acting. I don't remember anything." I tell him, and his frustrated expression fades away.

"You- you don't remember anything?" He asked.

I shook my head. "The last thing I remember is waking up on the side of the road." I said, and his eyes widened.

"Holy shit." He gasped, running a hand through his hair.

"Who are you?" I asked him, and he stiffened.

"I'm no one." He said, and walked away before I could say anything else.

But he walked away after I had already looked at the name tag on his uniform.

Ashton I.

***

"What was my life like before?" I asked Calum in the middle of the movie we were watching.

"Huh?" He looked at me, pausing the movie.

"Was my life, like, bad at all?" I asked, thinking back to Ashton's words.

"Because I ruined your life."

"Well..." Calum gulped, he was nervous.

Why was he nervous, though?

Obviously something had happened, and I wanted to find out what it was.

"What happened, Calum?"

"I-I don't think I should tell you yet, Luke. Let's just wait until you remember a little bit more, first."

I nodded, but then asked something else,

"Who's Ashton?"

_______________

Here's a double-update for you lovely people :) I just had to update again because I love you all, and I also love this chapter.

Thank you to you people that have been commenting, it makes my day, and makes me :D You are the reasons I wanted to update, so thank you :)