Chapter 33: What is this?

Third Person P.O.V.

(immediate continuation from last chapter)

______________________

Luke came up with a list of all Ashton's possible reactions in his head:

1-He starts crying.

2- He leaves the room.

3- He calls Calum and Michael, realizing I really do need help.

4- He tries again to prove to me some stupid excuse that we both don't believe, but he'll try to convince me anyway.

What Luke didn't expect, was for Ashton to step forward, and try to hug him.

First, Luke was shocked. This was not one of the possible reactions. Then, once the realization had set in, Luke realized how much he really wanted, and needed a hug after going so long without one.

Luke wanted a hug, but he just couldn't accept it. Not because he didn't want to, because he really did. As soon as Ashton wrapped his arms around Luke, and squeazed his sides, Luke gasped and quickly tried pushing him away.

Ashton thought Luke was just pushing him away because he was mad, so he held him tighter. They both knew Luke needed a hug, or some form of comfort, but Ashton didn't know about the scars. He didn't know about the pain he was really causing Luke.

"N-no! Get off me! Get off!" Luke screamed at him, scaring Ashton with how desperate he became. Luke did everything he could to get away from him. He'd been trying to ignore the scars, as if forgetting about them would make them disappear.

But now he couldn't. The pain he was feeling made it very obvious that they were there, and with that memory came the memory of how Luke got the scars, and the last time he asked someone to stop, and they wouldn't.

Ashton finally realized how much Luke really didn't want this, and let go. As soon as he did, Luke crumpled to the ground. All his anger had evaporated and turned into tears. He curled up into a ball again, looking much like he did when Ashton first found him in the room.

"Luke I...I-I'm sorry I..." Ashton tried apologizing, though he didn't know what for.

Ashton took a closer look at the boy, his eyes starting to tear up again as well, and noticed Luke holding onto his right side.

Then, something else caught Ashton's eye. Luke's shirt had ridden up a bit, and Ashton saw a bit of something he really hoped it wasn't what he thought it was.

"Luke..." He crouched down next to him, not afraid anymore. "What is that?" He asked, feeling his voice crack on the last word.

Luke's answer was just sobbing louder, and clutching onto his shirt tighter.

Ashton decided there was only one way he was going to find out, since he knew Luke wasn't going to let him.

He kneeled in front of the crying boy, and was careful not to touch him as he whispered soothing and encouraging words into his hear.

"Luke, it's okay. It's me, Ashton. You can trust me, right? You know me, you know I'd never hurt you on purpose."

While speaking those words, he slowly started to moved his hand toward the other boy's shirt.

"I'm sorry." Ashton whispered, moving slowly. Slowly, in fear that Luke would push him away. Closer, when he didn't. Luke felt a tear drop onto his neck, as the older boy whispered, "I'm sorry, so, so sorry Luke. I know this is my fault. I know...I know you don't want me to know but..." Luke didn't really understand what Ashton was saying, or what he meant by his last words until Ashton's hand stopped all slow movements, and quickly pushed up the side of Luke's shirt.