26: One Last Chance

A next generation one shot
________________________________

20 years after the Amber Incident (last onshot) 6 years after marrige (also last oneshot)

"Kids you ready yet!" I yell from downstairs. "Mum do we have to go to the princesses garden party." My 12 year old little angle Alice groans. Her older brother 13 year old Boris walks through the bathroom door in his dungeries with a black top. "Boris why aren't you in something more nicer!" I sigh fixing his dungery shoulder strap. "I like wearing this mum!" He says brushing his small dog ears. "Ugh BENDY!!" I call my youngest son. "Coming mum!" I hear my 10 year old call. My youngest son Bendy runs down the stairs in an all black tux tying a white bowtie to his neck. "Oh my sweet boy, you are so cute and formal." I coo hugging my boy. "Now Alice go and put on one of your dresses and Boris.... you do you." Alice sighs and walks up the stairs and Boris brings out his art kit. "Boris don't get messy!" Boris nods with a smile and I go to check on Alice.

"Alice sweetheart, are you nearly done?" I ask walking into my daughters room. I walk into Alice's room where she is standing infront of a mirror. Her dress is a black knee high dress with a small white bow around the collar. Her socks are white with black stripes on the top and on the ankles and her shoes are white flats. As I walk closer I see that her "other personality" per say, Susie has replaced Alice. Half of Alice's face is stained with black running down her face like ink on a wall, half her hair has split ends sticking out everywhere and the same half of her face has her lip curved down. "Mum why is this happening to me." She cries running at me and hugging me. "Baby its okay we will find a way to cure you. For now we just have to keep smiling." Alice sniffs and looks up at me with an adorable smile. 'Why does alice have to look so much like her idiotic father' I think in my head as Alice/Susie runs downstairs. "Now my time to get ready."

At the party

"(____) I'm so glad you could make it, Oh and with your three amazing Kids!" Rapunzel happily welcomes. "You still a single mother?" She asks. "Yeah but there are plenty of stars in the sky. Just need to find the shining star." I smile sending the kids off to play at the party, and kissing a now well Alice on the forehead. "Well I'm going to get something to eat and maybe talk to some old friends." I smile at rapunzel as I walk into the party. My three little angels are running around with rachel, Rapunzel and Eugenes daughter, Travis, Cassandra and Andrews son and some other kids from other places.

"Hey Cass!" I say walking over to my old friend who is standing under a gazibo decorated with flowers and vines. "Hey (____) its been ages how you doing?" She asks giving me a hug. "If you mean 6 years as ages then yep. Im still good but looking after the three little angels as a single mother is a nightmare!" I laugh. "You still in touch with varian?" Andrew asks walking over with three cups of cola icecream floats. "Hell no. What he did was unforgivable." I say taking a cup and sipping some through a white and blue straw. "What exactly did he do?" Cass questions with curiosity. "Yeah you never really told anyone. You just divorced then moved out of corona to equis 4 years back." Andrew questions as well sipping on his cola. "*sigh* It all started when Varian was in his lab in our house we moved into together..."

Flashback to 4 years ago

"Varian the kids are home from school!" (____) shouts up the stairs. "Cool come up here I have something to show you guys!" The woman and her three kids, two sons and a daughter, walk up two flights of stairs into the attic where the father/husband is working. "So what are you working on?" Asks the (colour) haired woman. "I call it inky face mask. You put it on your face and then you peel it off to find smooth skin." The man smiles with admiration at his work as he holds up a vile of black goo. "So who wants to test it?" Straight away the middle child Alice puts her hand up and smiles. "Me me, I do!" She giggles. The girl walks over to her father and sits on a stool next to a small round table. "Varian I'm going to start dinner. Kids you stay here with your father. Varian don't harm her." The woman walks down the start and into the kitchen.

After 10 minutes a young girls high pitched scream echoes into the 29 year old womans ears from the attic. As a mothers instinct, the woman rushes out of the kitchen and up the two flights of stairs hoping nothing has happened to her daughter or two boys. The woman runs up into the attic to find Varian searching through viles books and draws and her daughter sitting on a stool crying into her hands. "Varian where are the boys?" The woman asks sternly making the man turn around. "In their room playing that game the princess painted on canvas." He replies calm. "And why is Alice crying?" The woman asks more stern. "Uhh?" The man rubs the back of his head as the woman walks towards her daughter. "Alice, its mummy, can you take your hands off your face so I can see your beautiful smile?" The woman asks calm. (____) can already see something isn't right as half of her daughters hair has split ends and that wasn't there 600 seconds ago. Alice slowly takes her hands of her face revealing a inky black stain across the top of half of her face. Her eye has sunk from chocolaty brown to black the same colour as the pupil and half her lip curves down. "Varian what did you do!" (____) yells looking cross at her husband. "I'm sorry I must of mixed the chemicals wrong or put a wrong one in." The man walked towards his wife but she backed away grabbing her 8 year old daughter and running down the stairs.

End of flashback

And thats why I left varian. He gave my daughter some sort of sickness and that was the last straw. Before he blew a few small things up but thats when I lost it. So after collecting all our the kids and my stuff we took a carrige to Equis and haven't come back till now." I say finishing my story. Cassandra and Andrew along with Lance strongbow and Eugene look at me with wide eyes. "No!" Eugene says in disbelief. "Yep!" I sigh. "Haven't seen or contacted Varian in 4 years." "Until now!" Lance says pointing behind me. Turning around I see the person I hate the most. The black hair with blue streak, blue eyes, freckled face and adorable smile sits on the person talking to the princess. He laughs and looks at me with a small smile then starts walking my way. With a heart going a million miles an hour and a feeling of anger boiling up to my eyes, I rush towards the food table where Princess Anna of Arendale is talking to my three children. "Hi Princess Anna, thanks for taking care of my kids but we need to go." I grab Alice and Bendy's hand while Boris takes hold of Bendy's other hand.

"Kids run to the carrige I'll be there in a second. Don't look back just run." I yell as we exit the palace gardens. As the kids get into the teal green and white carrige I hear the voice I never wanted to hear ever again. "(____) wait up!" I stand in my place not turning around to face the man I hate. "(____) how've you been, it's been 4 years." He says all calm and happy. "Do you really think I want to see you right now." I spit coldly at the man. "(____) I'm sorry about what I did and I know you probably wont forgive me but please.......

Give me one last chance."