42: If things Were Different

You'll all hate me after this. Small Angst.
Varian x Evil reader
Queen for a day
__________________________________

"Are you okay up there you two?!" Quirin yells from downstairs as a explosion rings through the house. "Yeah! Varian just dropped one of his books!" You yell out from varians lab. Another explosion rings out behind you and you turn. "O-one of my big books!" Varian calls. Your best friend slumps over a patch of black rocks, hair and face covered in ash and dust, hair sticking upright defying the laws of gravity. You laugh at the scene and he pouts but you continue to laugh.

Time skip

"Okay this is going to be it!" You say mixing chemicals in a vile. You pass the vile to varian and he starts dropping the liquid onto the rocks. Soon enough before a single drop of lime green liquid falls onto a rock quirin bursts through varians lab door, making varian jump and pouring the whole container full onto the rocks. "I told you both to not mess with those rocks!" He shouts at us when he realizes what we are doing. "Dad we can't just walk away from the problem at hand! We have to do something to stop these rocks! And I'm.... We are finding a solution!" Varian retorts at his father. "I forbade you to go near those rocks. And for you young lady I told you keep varian away from the rocks!" Quirin scolds at you and you scoff. "Oh I'm sorry. I only listen to my parents or elders I care about." You walk to the back of the lab and then hear quirin shout out varians name before a big thud is heard.

You turn around to see some amber forming around quirin and varian on the floor laying in front of the lab door. You try hold back a smile and varian looks up a quirin. "Oh my gosh dad! I-I'll go and get some help! (______) you stay here and try to look for a solution!" And with that varian runs out the door grabbing his coat. "Varian. Wait!" Quirin calls out but his son is out the door before he could respond.

You mix the same amount of chemicals together as before and look at quirin who is writing a note probably for varian. "What cha writing there quirin?" You ask not getting too close to the amber. "Nothing you need to worry about." Quirin says still writing. He finished the letter but before he could get it into his grasp you snatch it away. "Blah blah blah I love you blah blah blah sorry," you read out loud. "Oooh what's this.... an opal, abandoned kingdom. The moondrop!" You say mischief gleaming in your eyes. "Noo dont read tha-!" The amber encloses quirin completely his eyes and mouth closed and hands outstreach towards you. You rip the note into half burning the half with the sappy note. You pin the important half on a cork board on your side of the lab.

Time skip

"I tried getting rapunzel for help but-" Varian bursts through the door with a bang before the room goes quiet once more. You hear sobs and look to varian and see him on his knees, fists banging on the orange glass like material, tears streaming down his face. "I'm so sorry varian but I couldn't save him in time." You say, voice full of sorrow. Without varian looking you pour a small portion of the concoction you made earlier onto a rock beside the teary boy. You wait a few seconds and shout at varian. "VARIAN!" it was too late. His foot was encased and the amber was climbing his right limb slowly. "What h-happened!" He asks confused and scared. "Oh.. I just recreated the mixture from before that's all." You say voice sounding calm. "Wh-what I dont understand!" He stammers.

"It's time you learned a lesson, it's time that you understand, don't ever count on anybody else in this or any other land." You sing walking around the amber encased quirin. "I once hoped for friendship, to find a place among my kind, but those were the childish wishes of someone who was blind." You stand in front of varian. "Open up your eyes, See the world from where I stand, me among the mighty
You caged at my command
Open up your eyes," you move your hand to varians chin and lift his head so he's facing you. "Give up your sweet fantasyland, It's time to grow up and get wise, Come now little one, Open up your eyes." You walk to the window and look out at the snow. "We all start out the same
With simple naïve trust, shielded from the many ways, that life's not fair or just." You remember back to when you were young when you first met varian. Your small little 8 year old self slumps against tree crying. A small boy with raven hair and ocean blue eyes walks up to you and puts a hand on your back. "Let it out okay!" He says. You smile at the boy but soon just fall into an emotional dispare filling the forest with your loud childish sobs. "But then there comes a moment, a simple truth that you must face, if you depend on others  you'll never find your place."  You remember when the villagers found out you were varians friend. You remember the other kids you were friends with throwing rocks at you and your best friend giving you a nice punch in the cheek leaving a bruise to soon follow. "And as you take that first step upon a path that's all your own,y ou see it all so clearly, the best way to survive is all alone!" You remember when   varian was sick you weren't allowed over so for that time period you watched the kids play with each other. "Open up your eyes and see the world from where I stand, me among the mighty, you caged at my command!" Back into reality, tears force their way to the corners of your eyes but you keep an angry face on as you see the amber climb up varians waist."Open up your eyes! And behold the fading light, It's time to grow up and get wise, come now little one. Open up your eyes, Open up your eyes!" You   leave varians lab and slam the door shut.

Weeks later
The supposed date for the quest for varian.
(Sorry with this part I got lazy)

"Have any of you seen or heard from varian lately?" Rapunzel asks her lady-in-waiting Cassandra and her boyfriend Eugene. "No? Why?" Cass asks. "Uh I don't know. Something just feels off. I'm going to go see if he's okay." Rapunzel soon walks out of her bedroom.

Varians house

Rapunzel walks into varians lab to see a big sheet covering something. Rapunzel pulls the sheet down to see varian and quirin encased in amber. Varian is standing with one foot twisted like he was facing quirin before he got encased and his face looks so upset tears frozen to his face. In one hand he is holding a piece of paper on the glass-like surface that has the words "Beware of (_____) she is dangerous!" In bold. The girl with long blonde hair and emerald green eyes gasps and cups her hands over her mouth. "I'm so sorry varian!" She cries softly touching the cold amber with a finger.
______________________
Aaaaah WHY DID I WRITE THIS!!!!! Hello. So changed this books name to Varian x Reader oneshots SLOW UPDATES because I will be updating again. Yay! Gacha life and all the other apps are taking up too much of my phones memory resulting in it crashing and restarting my phone so more oneshots. :3 love you all. Bye!