31: Senses

______________
Varians Pov

"Bye Varian! Don't kill yourself while I'm gone!" (____) giggles walking out of my house. "Can't promise that (nickname), you be careful on the way to the palace." I hug (_____) then send her off to Corona. "Okay Ruddiger," I say enthusiastically closing my front door and turning to my raccoon friend. "Lets do some science!" I wisk the fluffy raccoon up the stairs in my arms towards my laboratory.

4 days later

Your Pov

Me and Rapunzel laugh as Cassandra and Eugene run around the room. "Well that's my queue to leave." I laugh picking up my stachel and varians fluffy cloak. "Okay you be safe and say hi to Varian for us!" Rapunzel smiles motioning me out the door.

Time skip

"Varian I'm home!!" I shout excitedly opening Varians house door. "Hello (_____)!" Varians father Quirin smiles packing a basket. "You leaving for another trip?" I ask setting down my things on the sofa. "Yes now I haven't heard from Varian since you left but he is upstairs. I'll see you in a couple of days. I'm going to vardaros so you kids be good." And with one last wave Quirin closes the door and walks off.

"Varian you home!" I yell running up a sprial staircase into Varians lab. I walk into Varians lab and see him looking out the window. "Hey Varian, How are you doing." I say walking up to him. He turns around but I notice something is different. His vibrant blue ocean eyes are now dull and bluey grey. "Varian what happened!" I yell worried. "Uhh I was messing around with some chemicals then ruddiger put acetic acid in the mix and it exploded causing some mix to go into my eyes. I have tried washing it out with water but its no use. And to put the cherry on the cake acetic acid and sulfer makes permanent blindness." Varian explains. I rap my arms around varian hugging him. "Here," I say grabbing a blue Bandana and rapping it around varians eyes. "What are you doing?" Varian asks curious. "This bandana makes you look cool." I laugh. "Thanks I guess." Varian chuckles.

Later that night.

"Arrrgh!" I hear varian bang his fists up against the wall in the living room. "Varian whats the matter?" I ask. "I hate being blind. I can't do anything. I'm useless!" Varian shouts banging on the wall again. "Varian, there is so much more than just sight. Yeah you can do alot more with it but there are other senses." I lead varian to the couch and sit him down. "We should strengthen your senses. I will hand you objects and you have got to guess what they are." I stand up and collect some items from Varians lab and other rooms around the house.

"Okay what is this." I place one of Varians glass beakers in his hand. "Well this is easy. Its a beaker." Varian says comfortably. "Okay what about this." I place a small frying pan in varians hands and let varian feel it. "It feels like a frying pan?" Varian questions. "Correct!" I smile. "Okay one more!" I bite the tip of my finger smiling a little and then lean into varian. "Whats next?" Varian asks. Without saying anything I lean into varian and kiss his cheek. "What was that?" I ask shyness engulfing me. "A-A a," Varian stutters. I can see from the bridge of his nose and his cheeks that varian is blushing. Even though he can't see he probably knew what that was. "Uhh (____)?" Varians voice is shaking with nervousness. "May you do that again?" Varians voice trembles with embarrassment. Without warning I slowly move my face towards Varian and connect my lips with Varians. His eyelids close from behind the bandana in comfort as we kiss.

Out of the blue I hear the front door open and then close. "Hey Kids Im home. The king called me back so I wont be going to Varadose.......Until...Tomorrow." Quirin walks into the living area slowing his speech as he sees what's going on. "Uhhh hahahaha!" I laugh nevously looking at Quirin who has a mad expression plastered to his face. "Bye!!!!!!" I shout running past Quirin and out the front door.
____________________________