47: Past

Christmas Special
__________________________

I don't know what it was about the thought of Christmas that always made people smile. Was it that they could come together as a family and enjoy dinner together or the joy children had of getting to unwrap presents and be surprised at what was underneath. Whatever it was, I sure as hell didn't know what that felt like. The last time i was actually happy for Christmas was the year before my parents died. My Aunt Harley taught me that it was just a waste of time and money so I stopped caring. Hi, my name is (_____) (lastname) and I hate Christmas.

"Hello everyone!" I exclaim walking into my bakery. All the shelves are stocked with mince pies, Christmas cakes and cookies and gingerbread houses. I scoff in disgust at the sight but continue onward. "H-hey (______)!" Varian one of the bakers exclaim to me. "Hello!" I acknowledge. I walk to the back of the store where I see my co-head Baker Isabelle. "Hi (_____). May I talk to you about something in your office?" She asks kind of quietly. "Sure!" I exclaim walking into the room.

"So for quite sometime now me and all the bakers were wondering if we could ya know..... take Christmas off so that we can spend time with our families and friends?" She asks closing the door. My mind goes completely blank and so does my facial expression. "What!" I exclaim visibly annoyed. "You want to take tomorrow off!" I shout. "Y-yes!" Izzy stammers kind of scared. "Well this is what you all can tell your families!" I walk over to the door of the office and pull it open sending all the bakers to the floor. "Christmas is canceled! And that's FINAL!!!!" I shout at them. I walk over the pile of people and then walk to the front of the shop.

After working hours at night.

"Who do they think they are!" I shout at my reflection in the mirror as I brush my hair, my basset hound dog sitting on the end of my bed. "Taking tomorrow off! Pffft, I'd let them take Christmas off when I enjoy it!" I flop onto my bed and curl up in the covers.

Sometime in the middle of the night I hear faint Christmas music being played and I cover my ears with my pillow. "Yasmin.... stop playing that horrid music!" I groan at my dog. As the music continues I start to get more and more annoyed. I open my eyes to see some lady in a purple dress and long blonde hair dancing along to the Christmasy themed tune. "Hello! I'm the spirit of Christmas past!" She beams happily. I groan in annoyance. "What's the deal! I dont need a 'ghost of christmas' to come to my house." I get up out of my bed and straighten out my nightgown. "Well you do need some Christmas spirit! I saw what happened earlier on at the bakery this morning. You didnt seem quite into Christmas and didn't let the bakers off for tomorrow." The woman explains kind of gloomy. "Well anyway! I'm going back to bed and I'm going to wake up from this nightmare!" I walk over to the king sized bed and curl up in the blankets once more. "Oh come on! Don't you want to see what you were like before this!" I open my eyes to look at the woman and squint. "Did you just gesture to all of me?" I ask pissed off. "Uhh nooo! Anyway come on!" The woman grabs my hand and a gold portal opens up the the foot of my bed. The spirit drags me inside and yasmin jumps to come with but the portal closes. "Why is it soo cold In here?" I ask shivering. "I dont know but come on!" The portal opens inside my house where my mother, father and teenager me are having a Christmas dinner. "Mum? Dad?" I ask tears threatening to spill from my eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry but they cant see you." The spirit replies. I give a small cough and choke back the tears. "That's fine!" I say standing back with the woman up straight like my aunt told me.

"Okay sweetie so we have a gift for you! Open this first." Younger me gets up from the table and walks over to a big box that my dad is carrying. "Go on (____) open it!" My mother and father stand above me as I open up the wrapping paper that has a Christmas tree print on it. Little me opens the lid to see a very small puppy big green eyes and short golden fur. "Oh my godness, shes adorable!" Little me replies. "Her name is yasmin. We bought her at the animal shelter just down the road yesterday." My mum explains as teen me cradles the puppy in my arms. "Aww shes so cute!" I smile. Teen me puts the puppy down and I go to hug my parents. "Thank you so much! I love you both!"

The scene in front of us changes and we are on the side of the road in a big area. "Ooh where are we now?" The spirit asks curious fading in and our of shop walls. I stay at the curb as I know what was coming. "Um spirit can we go please?" I ask choking back some tears. "Why?" She asks. "Just can we go!" I raise my voice a little higher as I watch my parents car turn the corner onto the street we are standing on. In a split of a second my parents car starts swerving on the icy tar and the black 1958 Corvette crashes into another car pulling out of a shop carpark. "Oh..... I'm sorry. Is that why you wanted to leave?" The spirit asks as I hug her balling my eyes out. "Okay we will leave." The woman flicks a wand and we get sent into another portal.

But instead of going back to my home we go to a few months after the crash and we are in my aunt's house with a 16 year old me. "Aunt Harley! Its Christmas eve!" My 16 year old self calls to my 52 year old aunt. "Darling (_____) dont ever talk to me about Christmas, it's just a waste of time! It's just any other day of the year!" My aunt Harley says. 16 year old me hangs her head and walks into another room and I start playing guitar and singing. "Was that your aunt?" The spirit asks. "Yes that was and she opened my eyes! Christmas is just another day of the year!" I exclaim crossing my arms. "Now if you dont mind I would like to go home!" The spirit grabs my left arm and flicks her wand. "If you so desire!"

And soon enough we are back in my house on Christmas eve. "Thank you for your time spirit but i must be getting to sleep now!" I say very unpleased. I get into bed and curl into the blankets for the third time that night.
___________________________
There will be a part 2 and 3 so yaas. I hope you enjoyed.
Bye.