Halloween Bash

I take one last look at myself in the mirror after adding the cat ear headband to my costume. I looked really good, my skin tight black cat outfit fit my body like a glove. I'm just glad dad would be working tonight because he would never let me wear something like this. I had finished up the whiskers on my face and did my makeup with dark eyeshadow and pink lips, while I let my blonde hair hang down my back and shoulders in loose curls. This would be the last time people would see me in Birchwood so I was determined to go out with a bang.

"Lacey! Hurry up!" My older brother Spencer calls from outside my door.

"I'm coming! Don't get your panties in a bunch!"

"Excuse me! My panties are as unbunched as dropped coconut"

I laugh at my brothers ridiculous thoughts.

"That doesn't even make sense Spencer!"

"It makes enough sense that you get it!"

I roll my eyes before applying one last layer of mascara and putting on my shoes then making my way to the living room to join my family.

My mom was dressed as a hippie with a flower crown and everything. She really pulled it off well.
My brother was dressed up as Superman, he even had his hair slicked back with so much gel you could almost see your reflection, it was that shiny.

"Damn Lacey, you sure know how to dress up" my best friend Nova says.

She's dressed as a sexy nurse, she had her long brown hair curled and down, and she paired her really short dress with a pair of high heels and bright red lipstick.

"Me? Look at you! Dakota ain't gonna be able to take his eyes off of you!"

Dakota was Nova's on again off again boyfriend. Currently they were on but by next week they'd get in a fight and be off. That's how they've always been. Dakota is best friends with Benji who is my other best friend. Benji and his brother Jonas have been friends with our family for years. We've grown up together. Our dads work at the police station together. They've been partners for years. But now after tonight my parents were moving me to Europe. For moms job. She was an assistant to a really famous fashion designer and he was forcing mom to move closer to him.
Spencer got to stay here because he's moving into an apartment on campus while he's in college. And I hated that I was moving. Birchwood has been my home for the last 16 years and I didn't want to leave. But I couldn't move in with Spencer so I was stuck moving to Europe. It sucked not having a say in how my life plays out.

"Are you guys ready to go?" My mom asks in her usual cheery tone

"Yup I just need to do one more thing" I say before turning to my brother.

I eye his costume up and down before walking over to him and ruffling his hair.

"You make such a cute Superman Spence"

He swats my hand away and glares at me.

"Damn it Lacey! It took me a whole bottle of gel to get my hair like that!"

I stick my bottom lip out and mock him as he continues to glare at me.

"Now Lacey leave your brother alone. You know he tried really hard to make sure his hair is perfect"

"Mom!" He groans

Nova and I laugh as my mom just chuckles.

>>>>>>>>

"Now this is a party!" Nova says as we step inside the house.

My mom and Spencer had went their separate ways and started chatting with their friends, while Nova and I made our way to the dance floor.