Fight Night

"Hey Lace How was school?" Spencer asks as I slip into his car.

I shrug my shoulders in response. Not wanting to recite the day.

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Lacey."

I let out a breath.

"Fine, I ran into Joanna."

Spencer tenses up.

"She brought up Henry, and called me a freak. And told me that if I didn't stay on her good side she would make my life a living hell"

Spencer sighs and runs a hand down his face.

"I'm sorry Lace."

"It's no big deal. I can handle her"

My brother turns in his seat and looks at me, concern plastered on his face.

"Can you though? Last time she bothered you, it wasn't pretty, you-"

"Yeah I know Spencer" I snap at him, cutting him off.

Spencer's face reddens and he clears his throat before turning on his car and pulling out of the parking lot.

The drive was silent all the way back to the apartment. Once Spencer pulls into his normal spot he turns off the car and lets out a deep breath as he rakes his hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry Lace. I shouldn't have brought it up. I just worry about you, you're my baby sister. I'm just trying to look out for you."

"I know Spence, and I'm sorry I snapped. It's just something I want to forget."

"I know and I'm sorry. I love you Lace"

"I love you too Superman"

Spencer flashes me a smile before unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car. I quickly follow behind him. We both greet the doorman whose name I learned was Jim and head up to the apartment. While in the elevator Spencer speaks up again.

"Pizza for dinner?"

"I was thinking Chinese. Something new"

"Hmmmmm Mrs. Chang's does sound good right now"

"I know right, I'm craving lo mein"

Spencer and I chuckle as we step out of the elevator.

"Oh before I forget, mom wants you to call when we get inside, she wants to know how school went"

I groan and roll my eyes.

"Fine, I'll call the woman"

Spence laughs as he opens the door to the apartment. We're greeting by a pacing and very distraught Jonas.

"Hey man you okay?" Spencer asks shutting the door behind us.

Jonas whips his head in our direction and responds not looking at me.

"Uh Yeah, I'm fine"

Spencer shrugs and walks over to the fridge to grab the take out menu. When I look back at Jonas and his eyes meet mine, I can see sadness in them. I hated seeing him like that.

"Lulu, can i Uh talk to you, in private" he asks with a strained voice

I slowly nod my head at him as a pit forms in my stomach.

"Sure"

Spencer looks up at me.

"I'll be back in a little bit, ill just take my usual"

Spencer nods slightly before dialing Mrs. Chang's number and putting the phone up to his ear.

I turn my attention back to Jonas and he motions for me to follow him, I do and he leads me into his bedroom. Victoria's stuff was packed in boxes with a few things scattered here and there. She still hadn't moved out yet. My attention is moved to Jonas who sits on the edge of his bed, resting his elbows on his knees and placing his head in his hands.

"Jonas? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

He stays silent for a while before shaking his head.

"No I'm not okay lulu" he says lifting his head up.

"What happened?"

He looks at me and studies me. I couldn't read what was wrong with him. I hated it.

"I cleaned up the apartment earlier, you know did the laundry, loaded the dishwasher, took out the trash"

He paused and looked back up at me. When I didn't respond he continued.

"Anyway, when I got to your bathroom, I noticed something a little unsettling in your trash can. Do you care to explain"

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. I had no idea what he was talking about.

"There isn't anything you want to tell me?" He says sternly.

I shake my head.

He sighs before standing up and walking over to his desk and pulling open one of the drawers. He pulls out an object and turns around before handing it to me.

"I found this in your trash can. Why didn't you tell me?"

I stare wide eyed at the object in my hands and the two little lines that it reflected.

"Jonas this isn't mine."

His face morphs into one of anger.

"Don't bullshit me Lacey! I'm sick of being lied to! Just tell me the truth!" He yells at me.

"I swear Jonas this isn't mine! I wouldn't lie to you ever! Especially not about this!"

"Whose pregnancy test would be in your trashcan Lacey!"

I hated that he was screaming at me and I hated that he was calling me by my name. And I hated that he didn't trust me.

"I don't know, but I swear Jonas it's not mine."

He narrows his eyes at me and his mouth forms into a tight line. He stares at me again until finally dropping his gaze from me and sighing.

"I really thought you were different. I thought what we had was different, but I was wrong" he says in a low voice

"Jonas please don't do this. I swear to you."

"How can I trust you Lacey?"

The pit in my stomach grew larger and larger and I felt like I was going to throw up. I felt sick. I felt dizzy. I felt pain.

"I've never given you a reason not to" I say firmly

Jonas moves his gaze from the floor to me and I stare into his eyes. The storm of emotions was taking over again. The pain and hurt was all I could see.

"Why can't you just tell me the truth Lacey!" He snaps at me

Without thinking my hand goes across his face causing him to stumble back and clutch the side of his face.

"I can't believe you! I've never once lied to you! I'm not Victoria, Jonas! I actually love you! But if you can't trust me then this won't work!" I scream at him before stomping away from him marching to my room slamming the door behind me.

I couldn't believe him. Why would he think that I would ever lie to him, especially after what happened with Victoria. It hurt knowing that he didn't trust me.

I couldn't stop thinking about the pregnancy test that I held in my hands. The only other females that lived here is Victoria but she's never been in my room, the only other person in my room was.....

Oh my god

Nova.

Nova's pregnant?