New Kid On The Block

*LACEY*

"What the hell happened to you? You look like shit!" Spencer says as I slid into his sleek sports car.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I say quickly wiping the tears from my eyes.

I wasn't fine. I was far from fine. I knew it wasn't Jonas's fault, but now I didn't know what to do.

"Lacey you're not fine, tell me what's wrong." Spencer says sternly

"Can we go? I don't want to be late."

After staring at me a few more seconds and realizing I wasn't going to talk to him, he starts his car and races off to the high school.

>>>>>>>>

"Welcome back Birchwood High Miss Wright. We look forward to having you around" says Mr. Gallagher the principal at the high school.

I flash him a friendly smile as he starts collecting all the paperwork.

"Things have changed since the remodel so I have a student that'll show you around the place. Mr. Summers!"

A tall, lanky, light haired boy comes walking into the principals office, he was wearing black cut up jeans and a black T-shirt which he paired with black combat boots and a leather jacket. He had dog tags around his neck and a piercing in his eyebrow and lip.

"Mr. Summers here will be taking you on a tour. If you have any questions just let him know"

I look the direction of the lanky kid and smile at him. He scoffs and rolls his eyes before walking out of the office. I glance at the principal and he gives me a sorrowful look.

"Don't mind him Lacey, he's a good kid, just has a attitude problem"

I nod as I follow after him.

"Hey wait up!" I call out as I get outside of the office

"Well hurry up princess I ain't got all day" he snaps at me

I rush to catch up with his fast pace walk. I have to walk 3 steps for every one of his. I was exhausted by time we had made it to the gym.

"So this is where the teachers make us run for some unknown reason and also where all the school dances are held. That's a big deal for people like you"

"People like me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Preppy, snobby, pretty girls that think they own the school"

Did he just call me pretty?

"Excuse me! You don't know anything about me!"

"I know enough princess trust me."

"Oh yeah!" I scoff

He chuckles

"I know that you wouldn't have dressed like one of them if you weren't one of them. That's enough for me"

"Are you always such a dick?"

"Basically" he replies with a shrug.

I roll my eyes as he starts walking out of the gym.

"Keep up princess, it's easy for people like you to get lost in here." He says with a smug look that I just wanted to punch off his face.

I run after him and barely manage to catch up when he stops again. This time we were in the cafeteria. He walks over to a table and sits on it before he speaks again.

"Everyone has their own section where they sit. You'd be over in the cheerleaders posse. They always take up the middle of the room laughing loudly about stupid shit and gossiping about boys."