Rollar Rink Date

"Wow this pizza is amazing" I say taking another huge bite.

"I know right? Ever since they opened, I've been in here at least three times a week." Benji says chewing his pizza.

"How the hell do you stay so thin!"

He chuckles

"I go to the gym and being on the football team helps a lot"

"Football? What happened to soccer?"

"Outgrew it." He responds taking another bite of his pizza

That was a lie Benji loved soccer, he was always on the team in school and he was amazing at it.

"So what position do you play? Do you like it?"

"I love it. I'm the QB. Ever since I joined the team the other players have been super welcoming even though I'm the youngest."

"That's great Benji. What team do you play for?"

"The college. Nothing big right now. I'm hoping to get drafted when I graduate. Right now football is my life, I'm all for being a Gator" he says with a chuckle.

"I'm proud of you Benji"

He beams at me and I feel myself relax. Like everything that happened the other day didn't actually happen. I felt like I did around Benji all the time.

"What about you? What have you been up to? Any new hobbies?"

"Still doing photography, my parents finally bought me a really nice camera and I had a few gigs back in Italy. And when we went to Paris I decided to start cooking. I was able to get a scholarship to a cooking school and took classes"

"Oh fancy so you're a chef now?"

I laugh

"Not quite. I graduated but I would need to get a job at a restaurant to be considered a chef."

"Well I'd love it if you would cook some fancy French food for me sometime? I'll be your first critic" he says with a smirk.

"Just go easy on me" I say with a chuckle

"Can't guarantee anything when it comes to food Lace, you should know that"

"God I've ruined you"

We both laugh.

We continue eating, laughing and joking until Benji pays the bill and we head to the roller rink.

He slings his arm over my shoulder like he always did and we walk to the rink which was only a few blocks down from the pizzeria.

Benji pays for our skate rentals and leads me over to a abandoned bench where we both tie on our skates.

"Now go easy on me I haven't skated in forever" I say to him standing up and wobbling slightly on my feet.

He chuckles and stands up before extending his hand out to me. I take it and he steadies me before slowly leading me out to the rink. When we get there he doesn't remove his hand.

We slowly skate together until I'm not so wobbly anymore, I picked it back up pretty easy. Benji lets go of my hand and I start skating away from him.

"Woah hey where are you going?" He asks skating up next to me.

"I'm skating, isn't that what we're here for?"

He chuckles as I wobble again.

"Ahh now stop distracting me! I'm trying to focus."

"Oh please. You were the skating champion don't tell me you can't do it anymore"

"No I can do it. I just haven't done it in 2 1/2 years"