Just Bloody Brilliant

2 1/2 years later

"You got everything you need Lacey?"

"Yeah dad, I'm all set"

His face looked pained almost like he didn't want me to go.

"Okay honey Spencer said he'd pick you up at the airport when you got there."

I nod

"Just behave yourself, and be careful okay?"

"I promise mom"

My mom smiles at me and kisses my forehead.

"I'm gonna miss you sweetheart" my dad says pulling me into a hug

"It's only a month dad, I'll be back before you know it"

My dad pulls away and just stares at me. This was the first time I was going somewhere without them, I knew they were nervous. But I was 18 I could handle it. And besides I'd be with Spencer the whole time. I was so excited to finally be going back home if it was only for a month.

"I love you guys"

"We love you too munchkin" my dad says

I give my parents one more hug goodbye before grabbing my suitcase and heading towards the gate for my flight. All I could think about was being back in Birchwood, seeing Nova, Spencer, Benji and even Jonas again. Although I wanted to avoid Jonas as much as I could. I was pissed at him still, he left me alone and embarrassed and hasn't tried to reach out and talk to me at all. I was furious at him. But I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss, or him. I hated it. I hated how every guy I dated I pushed away because they didn't make me feel the way Jonas did that night.

I step onto the plane and find my seat by the window, I had made sure to buy a window seat because I loved watching to clouds and the earth below me. It was so beautiful and peaceful. After placing my luggage in the overhead bin I sit down in my seat and put in my headphones before scrolling through Netflix trying to find something to watch, this was going to be one hell of a flight. My scrolling is interrupted when a figure sits down next to me. I glance over at the person and take in her appearance. She was absolutely stunning. She had raven black hair and bright green eyes, she was wearing a pink beanie and a pink hoodie that she paired with black leggings and converse. She glances over at me and smiles.

"Well hiya!! The names April! What's yours?" She says to me in a think British accent.

She was really straight forward wasn't she?

"Uh Lacey"

"Nice to meet cha Lacey!" She says with a smile plastered on her face.

"Where you heading to?" She asks

"Birchwood, Colorado."

Her eyes widen and her face lights up.

"No way! Me too! I'm visiting my auntie Ellen, she said she already had my whole trip planned out. I'm so excited, I haven't been to the states before but I can't wait!"

I can't help but smile at how enthusiastic she was.

"Ooo Maybe you can show me some of the hot spots for hang outs. And I've always wanted to go to a American party!"

I chuckle at her.

Her face suddenly drops and the smile disappears.

"I'm sorry I'm a yapper. Sometimes I just rant on and on."

"It's fine, I'm more than happy to show you around sometime"

The smile and brightness returns to her face.